Did the S01EP01 demo have technical problems?

edited February 2008 in Game Support
I just downloaded the demo for Culture Shock and I had a couple of weird problems. During the intro sequence the background doesn't kick-in until the "Art directed by" credit shows up (before that you can see the car with Sam and Max), and, if you look outside the office before, all you see is blackness and the little box at the bottom left (plus the mouse cursor, which shows a "Go back to office" if moved to the top of the screen). My question is, does that mean I need to update my laptop or was the temo technically incomplete at the time of its release? Thanks.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    You probably need to update your graphics drivers. I've never had an issue like that, but it definitely sounds like a driver issue.
  • edited February 2008
    Ah, yeah, oddly enough it just worked perfectly. I was hoping it'd be a demo problem. K, time to update the drivers. Thanks :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Nope, not a demo problem. We wouldn't release something that behaved that way (at least, not on purpose). ;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Also might be worth re-downloading/installing the game. Sometimes a corrupt download can cause that sort of weird behavior. Also update DirectX.
This discussion has been closed.