Problem with season 1 dvd

edited February 2008 in Game Support
hi,

I'm not sure if this have come up before here in forum, but for me dvd runs very strange on dvd player.

Actually I play the dvd on Xbox and problem is, when I choose video from dvd menu and start to play it, there's no audio. I have to press stop button and play it again. then it runs fine. That isn't a big problem, but I just take it for notice.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    ups, this should be on "game support". my bad
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Sometimes weird things happen with individual players. We noticed some weirdness on the Xbox during our testing (but I don't remember having this problem).

If the disc works okay in a different player, then chances are it's an Xbox issue, not a disc issue. :(
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Are you trying to play it on an original Xbox or a 360? We tried it on the 360 and discovered that their DVD playing software had the worst random number generator in the world, but other than that we had no problems with it. I don't remember testing the disc on an original Xbox, but it worked well in most every other player we tested it on (with varying seek times and quality of random number generation depending on the player, but they all played the video and audio correctly)
  • edited February 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    If the disc works okay in a different player, then chances are it's an Xbox issue, not a disc issue. :(

Yep, I will try with some other player.
    Jake wrote:
    Are you trying to play it on an original Xbox or a 360?

It's an original Xbox. This is actually the very first time, other dvds have played correctly. Maybe there's something funny on Xbox functions..I dunno.

Ps: heh, I actually have a good memory of these non-working devices. I got a digital receiver (digibox) last Xmas, and I thought, it got broken during transport. There wasn't picture on tv at all. only black screen, and some disturbing noise. I almost sent the crap back, but I suddenly remembered that tv has that kind of failure, when it has rca wires attachted on the front panel. But there weren't any wires attachted this time, but I had to clean the sockets, and poke them with screwdriver.

and finally, I got this feeling "I'm such a MacGyver" :)
  • edited February 2008
    Buuga wrote: »
    Yep, I will try with some other player.

Yes, the DVD seems to work with "real" dvd-player and on my computer.
    Damn you ex-box!
This discussion has been closed.