Converting vox to wav

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
Hi Telltale,

I'm a DJ and got the brilliant idea of playing quotes from Night of the Raving Dead in my next mix. Do you consider this to be a fair use of your intellectual property? I play for a noncommercial internet radio station run by volunteers - no ads, no income, and I'd never use your material for my own commercial gain.

If this falls within fair use could you please tell me what tools I could use to convert vox to wav?

Many thanks, and a bit shout out to your voice actors and writers!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I believe there was a program to do so on the internet, but it was taken down because Telltale asked.
    My guess is that there are concerns about the music being easily available, thus rendering soundtrack sales moot.
  • edited February 2008
    I don't think that was the reason. After all, the program that converts music is still out there, right? IIRC the main problem was that the .vox files Telltale uses for the voices are encrypted, the program that got taken down cracking that encryption.
    You'll have to either ask Telltale for the specific files or use a recording/ripping tool (I'll respect Telltale by not getting any more specific about that option).
  • edited February 2008
    Why would the music converter work with voices too?
    What legitimate reason would there be for doing so..?
  • edited February 2008
    Um, you may have misread me. The music converter doesn't work for the voices. The vox converter that did got taken down.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.