Sam & Max Ep. 101 Game Freeze

I just purchased season 1 today and I was enjoying the game when I just finished the part where it's necessary that you shoot out the van's tires to stop the kid and get the address of the "home for child stars", the dialogue between Sam/Max and Wizzer completes, and then the game freezes with him loking like he needs to use the bathroom, I get no error messages it just freezes at this point.

I already tried reloading a save and getting to this part again but it just freezes at the exact same point, help! :(

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Could you post your system specs (Windows Version, DirectX and Video/Sound Drivers Version too)
    Are you playing the retail or downloadable version?
  • edited February 2008
    I'm running Vista and I bought the downloadable version.

My Computer specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1, v.668 (6001.longhorn_rc1.071129-2315)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 1398MB used, 2919MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: LG L192WS
    Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6369 (English)

Sound Card
    Description: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM)
    Driver Version: 5.12.0001.3652 (English)
  • edited February 2008
    I just tried a third time and this time it didn't freeze :) I certainly hope this isn't something I can expect to encounter again. :confused:
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Glad it worked out! It may be a case of a faulty install, though I think I remember hearing rumor of that bug before. I'll have to ask Emily when she gets back in the office. I could be completely wrong.
  • edited May 2008
    I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 and have this exact same issue.
  • edited May 2008
    Sam and Max doesn't run on 64-bit machines. To tell you the truth, a lot of games don't run *properly* on 64-bit machines, let alone Vista 64.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Sam and Max DOES run on 64 bit machines. Season 2 can have some sound issues on 64 bit, but the games should definitely run. This is an in-game bug that has nothing to do with the system. I'm looking into the problem, but in the meantime I'm afraid there isn't a solution other than loading an old save and trying again.

One thing you can try is waking up Whizzer second and Peepers third.
This discussion has been closed.