Why the 2 week delay?

Just curious, why is there a two-week delay between pre-order and release? I'm assuming you're pretty much done with the game at this point? Why not release it now?

And if you're not done with the game - anything we can do to help make a better game?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Consoles. They are most likely waiting for the console release date to release it on PC as those are a bit more strict on when something can come out. And Microsoft has been rumored to deny games that are released elsewhere first.
  • edited April 2013
    Give people a chance to preorder the game. Maybe?
    I don't know. A preorder period that's 1 hour long seems strangely ineffective to me. And since they wanted to keep things a secret until the announcement on the 1st (failing miserably at it btw.) when would you have put that preorder period. They could have done it while the game was unfinished but they don't do that normally.
  • edited April 2013
    There are also likely other legal reasons and business concerns, such as timing the sale when the most sales are likely, as well as to encourage as much hype as possible with pre-ordering. The more pre-orders the better, as their gift of the first game is very little to them while being super enticing to a lot of people who might not have otherwise had or heard of the first game, so it ends up being win-win. Telltale didn't get where they are by being stupid with their money-making.
  • edited April 2013
    Eh, if I can wait SEVEN FRICKIN' MONTHS for Rayman Legends to hit the Wii U, I can wait two weeks for Poker Night 2. :P
  • edited April 2013
    Eh, if I can wait SEVEN FRICKIN' MONTHS for Rayman Legends to hit the Wii U, I can wait two weeks for Poker Night 2. :P

Yeah, talk about unnecessary delays lol.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Who said it was a delay? Poker Night probably was meant to be released across all platforms at the same time.
  • edited April 2013
    Don't PSN and XBLA traditionally update on different days of the week?

Regardless of that thought, yeah, I think they are shooting for an as-close-to-simultaneous as possible release.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Yay for bureaucracy!
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah, talk about unnecessary delays lol.

I still haven't recovered from what they did with JP.
  • edited April 2013
    I just want to pre-order it... From Telltale... It can be pre-ordered on Steam, but I don't like Steam (nor Origin, Uplay, Win live, Rockstar social club nor any other forced "service").
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Qwagor wrote: »
    I just want to pre-order it... From Telltale... It can be pre-ordered on Steam, but I don't like Steam (nor Origin, Uplay, Win live, Rockstar social club nor any other forced "service").

It's not like Telltale let's you play your game without having to log in through the game client to show that you're not filthy pirate scum.
  • edited April 2013
    Will Telltale's copies grant you a Steam key? I recall that being done for Poker Night 1.
  • edited April 2013
    xbskid wrote: »
    Will Telltale's copies grant you a Steam key? I recall that being done for Poker Night 1.

There will not be any telltale copies this time around. On PC it is steam exclusive.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.