Will sam & max work

edited February 2008 in Game Support
I'm curious if the Sam & max episodes will run on my machine, I'm thinking about buying the season 1 DVD. I can't (not willing) to download the demo due to my 2kbps dial-up.

I'm worried the most about whether it will work well with my graphics card that does not support pixel shader

My specs:
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX Integrated GPU
AMD Athlon XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, 2.1 GHz
1216MB RAM

If you need more information, tell me.
(I'm not very savvy when it comes to computer specs so be easy on me, I copied the specs from DXDIAG)

Edit: also do they sell the season one set in stores like Best Buy or Gamestop, it would be so much easyer if I could do that.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Z3R052 wrote: »
    I'm curious if the Sam & max episodes will run on my machine, I'm thinking about buying the season 1 DVD. I can't (not willing) to download the demo due to my 2kbps dial-up.

I'm worried the most about whether it will work well with my graphics card that does not support pixel shader

My specs:
    NVIDIA Geforce4 MX Integrated GPU
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, 2.1 GHz
    1216MB RAM

If you need more information, tell me.
    (I'm not very savvy when it comes to computer specs so be easy on me, I copied the specs from DXDIAG)

Edit: also do they sell the season one set in stores like Best Buy or Gamestop, it would be so much easyer if I could do that.

they should sell s1 in gamestop but it is slightly different than the telltale version with a diffferent cover and extras, same game content
  • edited February 2008
    patters wrote: »
    they should sell s1 in gamestop but it is slightly different than the telltale version with a diffferent cover and extras, same game content

Good to know. I looked at the Best Buy site and it says there selling it for 20$ seams like a good deal considering the price on other sites. I may call up Best Buy tomarow to see if they have it.

It still would be nice to know if my computer will run the game. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    The system requirements listed on the box says:
    Windows XP/Vista
    1.5 GHz processor
    256 MB of RAM
    1.5 GB of disk space
    DirectX 9.0C compatible
    32 MB 3D Accelerated Video Card
    CD/DVD-Rom 16x

I don't know about the Geforce 4 integrated card but I could run the game fine with the MX 4400.
  • edited February 2008
    The system requirements listed on the box says:
    Windows XP/Vista
    1.5 GHz processor
    256 MB of RAM
    1.5 GB of disk space
    DirectX 9.0C compatible
    32 MB 3D Accelerated Video Card
    CD/DVD-Rom 16x

I don't know about the Geforce 4 integrated card but I could run the game fine with the MX 4400.

I found a mention in the FAQ about my graphics card that says people running it had some crashing problems. So I guess it should work, I'm downloading the driver they suggested to fix the problem so hopefully ill pick up season 1 tomarow...depends if I can afford the gas, ugh.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, the graphics card would be my one point of possible contention. Before you buy though, I suggest you download some of the demos and try them out. They run on the exact same engine as the game, so if you can play those you are good to go.

For reference, if you go back to the home page, you can get to the demo for any individual episode by clicking on its episode title in the programming guide at the bottom of the page.
This discussion has been closed.