The BUDDY BOX!

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Okay, just hit me. At some point in the season, there should be a jab at the Companion Cube from Portal. Recovering from his late loss (well until he is back together) Abe Lincoln purchases the BUDDY BOX or some snazzy name for a Companion Cube spoof.

Just wanted to put that out there. :)

EDIT: A good name could be 'Suicidal Relationship Prevention Assessment Box of Doom!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Heh, I saw the thread title and thought "Ooh, they should make an Orange Box-type compilation of the first two seasons and call it the L'il Buddy Box!"

But I like your idea even better. :P
  • edited February 2008
    I couldn't help it. I... I had to draw it.

buddybox.jpg

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the lil' buddy box probably will threaten to stab you, made good on its threat, and laugh while it does so.
  • edited February 2008
    Now that Portal 2 has been semi-officially announced, I hope all y'all are going on the Valve forums and asking them to put in Sam & Max references.
  • edited February 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    Now that Portal 2 has been semi-officially announced, I hope all y'all are going on the Valve forums and asking them to put in Sam & Max references.

True. That would only be fair.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I had a brief dream last night that Max was in Smash Bros. Brawl. I woke up embarrassed.
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I had a brief dream last night that Max was in Smash Bros. Brawl. I woke up embarrassed.

I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible. Nintendo couldn't afford to have that much violence in a smash bros game! :D
  • edited February 2008
    I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible. Nintendo couldn't afford to have that much violence in a smash bros game! :D

i was going to say something along those lines
  • edited February 2008

Oops, my bad, those subliminal messages were meant for Shigeru Miyamoto. :p
  • edited February 2008

Now wouldn't that be something! :D

if they can get Solid Snake (violent, but not as manic as Max) in game. Why not max? :D Everyone would buy the game.
  • edited February 2008
    really?? so you could have a fight, let's say, snake vs. pickachu?? weird...good thing max isn't in there..
  • edited February 2008
    I couldn't help it. I... I had to draw it.

buddybox.jpg

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the lil' buddy box probably will threaten to stab you, made good on its threat, and laugh while it does so.

It would be fun to hear it when it's hit by the High Energy Pellet.
  • edited February 2008
    yeah thats an interesting idea. i also find the idea of a sam and max "beat'em up" quite appealing
  • edited February 2008
    Gresman wrote: »
    i also find the idea of a sam and max "beat'em up" quite appealing

DO THIS! Guys, you GOTTA do this! PLEASE!!!!

Cheers!
  • edited February 2008

Yeah. I think Max's own sadistic yet marketable brand of Wanton Destruction (trademark symbol) would probably be a bit too spicy of a meatball for Nintendo.

However, I could see Sam (as always) being the one you actually use to fight, with his Final Smash: "Sic' Em, Lil' Buddy!", with the resulting horrific-mangling-in-progress either blocked by a stereotypical cartoon fight cloud or...a gigantic censor bar. (or...I dunno, my creativity just took a nose dive. xD) Either way, the attack would probably take MOST of the health of the opposing characters.

Err...yeah, so...first post. Hey everyone. ^^
  • edited March 2008
    I think computer-game cameos should be more than seldom shown on S&M episodes. In fact, other games should have sam & max cameos. Hope Telltale incorporates cameos into their new franchises.
  • edited March 2008
    AussieEvil wrote: »
    It would be fun to hear it when it's hit by the High Energy Pellet.

WHEEEEEEEEE!
  • edited March 2008
    Can we get back to the beat 'em up discussion, please?

I'd pay good money to get that.

Cheers! fridayrg0.gif
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, i would be more than happy to pay Imapus Sylickers money to get that.
  • edited March 2008
    There we have it guys! In episode 205, you will be able to play a SAM & MAX brawl minigame playable through the phony180 console connected to the Office tv, which was found in episode 204.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.