So when will PN2 be available in store?

Hello!

Would like to pre-purchase it but its not in store. Any news about when it will be available?

PS: Please do not suggest Steam as I dislike their services. Also I'm well aware that this is steamgear game, but I still prefer to buy it directly from Telltale.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    It will not. Buy it from Steam.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    There won't be a Telltale version for this. You'll have to go reallyhotwater, son.
  • edited April 2013
    Unfortunately, it's not coming out on the Telltale store.

Poker Night 1's (and 2's) unlock system HAVE to run by Steam in order for you to get the unlocks. Poker Night 1 had such an incident, which required in Telltale having to give out a lot of Steam keys to those who bought straight from the Telltale Store.

Of course, to rectify the problem for PN2's upcoming release, it's simply not available AT ALL from the Telltale store. So you're basically SOL unless you begrudgingly accept Steam into your heart, and start an amusing sitcom in which you two live in the same apartment and go through many misadventures because of your clashing beliefs and personalities.
  • edited April 2013
    Sorry, maybe you did not understand me. Im ok with activating it in Steam, I just prefer to purchase it directly from Telltale like I previously did with Poker Night 1 and Walking Dead, which both are available for purchasing from Telltale and can be activated in Steam.
  • edited April 2013
    Unfortunately, it's not coming out on the Telltale store.
    Sorry to hear this. Thanks for your confirmation.
    Its unfortunate that Telltale is unable to sell its Steamgear games directly like other devs and publishers :(
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I don't think Telltale is gonna put it on their store if they can only give out steam keys for it.

You don't HAVE to activate TWD on Steam, do you? I brought it straight from Steam, so dunno.
  • edited April 2013
    If you bought it from TT direct, then no, TWD is Steam free.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    I don't think Telltale is gonna put it on their store if they can only give out steam keys for it.

You don't HAVE to activate TWD on Steam, do you? I brought it straight from Steam, so dunno.

It is very common to buy Steam games directly from developers or from other digital content providers (greenmangaming and others). Whenever possible I try to cut the middleman and give my money directly to devs if possible. Like my last week's purchase - Kerbal Space Program, directly from their site and activated in Steam.

And I bought TWD directly from TT as well, activated it in Steam without problems, so I feel sorry if TT chooses to limit its sale channels.
  • edited April 2013
    Just checked - TWD is also available under my TT account, so I can download it without Steam DRM. Very good to have it in case something happens to Steam or my Steam account.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.