Alcoholism

We all know that drinking will be a core mechanic in PN2, but think about this for a second. Are these the guys you REALLY want drunk?
Sam - As Season 3 shows, he's a violent drunk... Not to mention the only reason he won't shoot anyone living is because "It would hardly be sporting."
Ash - He's killed people for much, MUCH less than losing $20 grand while sober. Imagine how bad it'll be with liquor in him.
Brock - ...Yeah.
Clap-Trap - He's already endlessly chipper, this will likely lead him to be either A. Even more off-the-wall randomness, or much more likely, B. A sudden, really depressing shift in personality.
What's your thoughts on getting these four (five?) hammered?

Comments

• ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    That's an interesting idea, though I imagine the tough guys will calm each other down and if all fails, we've always got GLaDOS controlling the whole room.

And as for individual characters, I only see Brock as a real dangerous drunk. Sam was grief drinking, so don't think the violence stemmed from consumption of alcohol. Maybe he's a pretty friendly drunk under fun circumstances. Hopefully Claptrap will blow a fuse and leave the game if you get him a drink. He's a robot and shit. While I haven't seen Army of Darkness, only the first 2 Evil Deads, Ash seems like a pretty nice guy who wouldn't go off and kill a fella for money, even if drunk. His violence was self-defense!
  • edited April 2013
    ... uh when was Sam drinking???
    edited April 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    ... uh when was Sam drinking???

Wasn't it in the whole violent noire Sam thing in Season 3? Season 3 is my least favorite season, so I might be misremembering.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Wasn't it in the whole violent noire Sam thing in Season 3? Season 3 is my least favorite season, so I might be misremembering.

It was because of Max got kidnapped.
    edited April 2013
    Clord wrote: »
    It was because of Max got kidnapped.

I'm aware, but it also seems natural that he was drinking at that particular time, BECAUSE of the Max thing. That's the usual cliche, innit.
  • edited April 2013
    It's a little-known fact that Sam and Max never drink. They've always ordered something non-alcoholic, even when in, say, a bar. The only interest they've ever shown in alcohol before is the unappetizingly-named "Cheap, Evil-Smelling Beer," and even that's strictly for fizzball.

Anyway, I'd be wary of Sam. A person's first time drunk tends to be the...strangest.
  • edited April 2013
    I'll do it once for the unlock and then ignore the mechanic completely. I'd actually like an option to disable it.
    edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I'll do it once for the unlock and then ignore the mechanic completely. I'd actually like an option to disable it.

Why wouldn't you want extra banter?
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you want extra banter?
    If it's drunk banter I have zero interest in it.
    edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    If it's drunk banter I have zero interest in it.

Well that's just completely unreasonable! No need to project real-life drunks onto these dope characters.
  • edited April 2013
    Nope he didn't drink at that point.
  • edited April 2013
    To be fair, all the things Ash killed were evil, undead, and trying to kill him.
  • edited April 2013
    SN202 wrote: »
    To be fair, all the things Ash killed were evil, undead, and trying to kill him.

However the setting was a rather comedic.
  • edited April 2013
    For Army of Darkness and somewhat Evil Dead 2. But the first Evil Dead was more serious.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.