Sam & Max 205 playtest (no longer) tomorrow!!

WillWill Telltale Alumni
edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
In case you didn't see the announcement, we are having a playtest for 205 at our office tomorrow. Come help us make episode 205 everything that it should be! And eat free pizza while you are at it! If you are interested, please email Emily or myself. Thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Sweet! You get to play the game early and get free pizza, I am there.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Sweet! You get to play the game early and get free pizza, I am there.

Please don't let Scott's presence discourage you.
  • edited February 2008
    Just out of interest, about how many people turn up to these playtests? Do you ever get anyone from the fourm?
    (or can you not tell us this?)
  • edited February 2008
    If I was in the same state or country for that matter then yes I would be there probably right now but I can't.
  • edited February 2008
    Sometimes people from the forums come. Depends on who's local and has the day free :)
  • edited February 2008
    I would love to play 205 and give feedback but I'm not capable of getting a flight over. Out of interest who is going?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I'm not sure, but I think 203 has been tested... it might have even been released.
  • edited February 2008
    Sorry misprint! :D

fixed.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    I'd like to come. But as it is, I've been out of town all week (and am currently in the Newark airport watching my flight being delayed once again :mad:) and probably won't feel like driving in to San Rafael. :(
  • edited February 2008
    Sam and Max playtesting and free pizza....again I curse my limited mobility....:(

To those who are able to make it to San Rafael tomorrow: have fun :)
  • edited March 2008
    How'd the playtest go? If I lived there it'd be cool to play the latest S&M, I'll have to make do with downloads here in Canada. Guess it's option 4 for me!

"Where are we going, Sam?"

-eat free pizza while causing chaos in Cali
    -drive the DeSoto right through the Telltale office to playtest the new S&M
    -go to San Rafael to pet the unicorn
    -nowhere. Stay and shovel snow!
  • edited March 2008
    What is the story of the episode.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    There's no one left alive to tell.
  • edited March 2008
    Nick's dead?
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    There's no one left alive to tell.
    isn't this a bit over the top? couldn't you have just cut their tongues out...or make them sign something?:rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    isn't this a bit over the top? couldn't you have just cut their tongues out...or make them sign something?:rolleyes:

Both not very helpful on "the internet"

dr_evil.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    Hey guys. I'm back from the playtest. The plot for this episode is that
    Bosco has gone missing, but it's okay, because he was just using the toilet.
  • edited March 2008
    Hey guys. I'm back from the playtest. The plot for this episode is that
    Bosco has gone missing, but it's okay, because he was just using the toilet.

LIES!
  • edited March 2008
    either it's a lie or guybrush became a zombie, since jake's statement was pretty clear..
  • edited March 2008
    You need to sign an NDA to playtest right? If not, I'm a tad disappointed.
    edited March 2008
    Of course you need to sign an NDA. Are you implying that you're disappointed that none of the playtesters are spilling the beans on the storyline on our own forums? :P That would be an extreme move on someone's part!
  • edited March 2008
    extreme indeed, extremely stupid above everything else. first, i don't want to know about 205 before i even played 204 and i suppose i'm not the only one.
    second, a person talking about confidential stuff on this forum will probably not be allowed to playtest again, thus will not receive free pizza anymore...that's not worth it..
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    second, a person talking about confidential stuff on this forum will probably not be allowed to playtest again, thus will not receive free pizza anymore...that's not worth it..

And will suffer a hefty fine. ;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    And the Wrath of Telltale and some forumers (or is it forumites!?)
    Telltale may be cool, but I suspect it has lawyers like every other software company...
  • edited March 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    And the Wrath of Telltale will come crashing down on those
    who spill the 205 story!

:eek:
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Telltale may be cool, but I suspect it has lawyers like every other software company...

We do! One of our lawyers tried out as a voice actor to play Santa Claus. (But he wasn't cast. :()
    edited March 2008
    Beat out for the role by Launchpad McQuack. A formidable adversary.
  • edited March 2008
    Of course you need to sign an NDA. Are you implying that you're disappointed that none of the playtesters are spilling the beans on the storyline on our own forums? :P That would be an extreme move on someone's part!

I would of been disappointed if there was no NDA. That was the intention of my post. Being a dev myself, it was nothing more than a lazy reply to the previous posts about leaking out the ending. I was just checking to see if you were doing your part. haha, but I don't know why I would doubt it.

Just a concerned fan. :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We do! One of our lawyers tried out as a voice actor to play Santa Claus. (But he wasn't cast. :()

Even your lawyers are cool! All the lawyers I know would never-ever try something like that :D

Speaking of casting, have any of you (Emily, Doug, Jake, et al @ Telltale) tried to be cast for a character?
  • edited March 2008
    kadji-kun wrote: »
    I would of been disappointed if there was no NDA. That was the intention of my post. Being a dev myself, it was nothing more than a lazy reply to the previous posts about leaking out the ending. I was just checking to see if you were doing your part. haha, but I don't know why I would doubt it.

Just a concerned fan. :)

rventurebros5.jpg
    Speaking of casting, have any of you (Emily, Doug, Jake, et al @ Telltale) tried to be cast for a character?
    Well I haven't... I want our characters to sound *good* ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Brendan plays the Bug. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I almost done with college, so hopefully, I will play again since I enjoyed play testing Lincoln must die. Sadly, that was the only episode I play tested because a few week later, my brother (who also drove me to places when he was umeployeed) got a job at some pizza joint. Because of that and college, I didn't play tested the other eps.

However, when I am through with college for a year or so, I am thinking of sneaking out the house to playtest; my mother is so overprotected in that she doesn't want to take the bus to anywhere. LOL
  • edited March 2008
    kneecaps! kneecaps!
  • edited March 2008
    Beat out for the role by Launchpad McQuack. A formidable adversary.

He even got the beard for it.
  • edited March 2008
    Lunchpad Mcquack is the voice of Santa in your S&M game!? Wow, that is cool since no offense, most of the actors you guys have are lesser known. It is like getting the voice of Goofy for Sam....Oh wait, that already happened with the HTR and the cancelled S&M game.
  • edited March 2008
    The modern voice of Goofy, mind you. Until the 60s it was Pinto Colvig:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0173418/
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008

I asked to be cast as the voice of Sam when I started working here... but I didn't get it due to the fact that I started working here two months ago and Sam had already been cast about two years earlier. Plus it was politics. It's all about the politics, you know.
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    The modern voice of Goofy, mind you. Until the 60s it was Pinto Colvig:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0173418/

Oh, I know it is the mdoern goofy.
    edited March 2008
    doom saber wrote: »
    Lunchpad Mcquack is the voice of Santa in your S&M game!? Wow, that is cool since no offense, most of the actors you guys have are lesser known. It is like getting the voice of Goofy for Sam....Oh wait, that already happened with the HTR and the cancelled S&M game.

Boo. Lincoln is also Mojo Jojo! And Sam is... Fone Bone!
  • edited March 2008
    Boo. Lincoln is also Mojo Jojo! And Sam is... Fone Bone!

Mojo Jojo is awsome but the guy who voiced fone bone isn't popular enough in my bias opinion. sorry

Speaking of Duck Tales, did the guy who voiced the scottish pirate from the 3rd monkey island also voiced Uncle Scrooge? I am sure they are.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.