Image request

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
I was just looking at the concept art on the S&M Bonus Disc, again and was wondering if anyone has a link to that wonderful image of Lincoln flying through space with the DeSoto under his arm? Thanks! :)

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Here's a screencap taken from the DVD. Not of the greatest quality, but I couldn't find it anywhere else in the massive void of cyberspace.

(or perhaps I wasn't looking in the right direction...)
  • edited February 2008
    Wow, that's pretty cool. Was that originally for 106?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    That was a pitch I made for how Sam & Max might get to space in 106, before I knew that only Lincoln's head survived the explosion.

You can get the original higher res image here.
  • edited February 2008
    That's a great piece of art.

Just wondering, how much concept art is in the CD that wasn't posted in the Summer of Sam & Max?
    edited February 2008
    Not a lot. There are a few pieces that go by though, for sure, and there are a few which appear, I think, only on The Adventure Company/JoWood's retail release.
  • edited February 2008
    i think i have to compare my two versions to find out what is new.
  • edited February 2008
    Speaking of image requests I'd like a photo of the new hardcover Sam & Max graphic novel to see why its nearly 3 times more expensive than the normal edition (I understand the numbered & signed copy but how beefy looking is it?). Also what happened to those photos of the poster print on the store website section? I click on it and nothing happens anymore
  • edited February 2008
    Wow, thanks! I just made it my background.
    Also, do you happen to have that pic of Sam & Max Blissed?:)
  • edited February 2008
    Oh and thanks Martian for screen capping! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Wow, thanks! I just made it my background.

You know, the one where they're dressed in white.
  • edited March 2008
    Hey Jake,

banging concept.
  • edited March 2008

Here's a screencra--I mean "screencap"--of that piece. It's kind of cut off on the sides but that's how it was on the DVD (unless you wanted a faded layer of a Hugh Bliss concept art piece behind it). Again, I apologize for the hideous quality....:(
  • edited March 2008
    Man I love those socks. *pictures Max wearing his sock crown and those socks* :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    backslash wrote: »
    Speaking of image requests I'd like a photo of the new hardcover Sam & Max graphic novel to see why its nearly 3 times more expensive than the normal edition (I understand the numbered & signed copy but how beefy looking is it?).

It's not done yet, so we don't have pictures. When we have something we can show, we'll show it. (It is very important to us and to Steve that we come out with something awesome and worth the price, which is why we're still working on it!)
    Also what happened to those photos of the poster print on the store website section? I click on it and nothing happens anymore

I'm not sure what pictures you mean...?
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    It's not done yet, so we don't have pictures. When we have something we can show, we'll show it. (It is very important to us and to Steve that we come out with something awesome and worth the price, which is why we're still working on it!

How different is this thing gonna be? I'm under the impression that it'll just be the same except hardcover with a signature. I don't know what else you could do with it :\
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah you're right, it'll be pretty lame.

... or you could trust us when we say we're trying to make it awesome :)
    edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    How different is this thing gonna be? I'm under the impression that it'll just be the same except hardcover with a signature. I don't know what else you could do with it :\

That is more or less correct. The insides of the book will be the same. If that makes it not worth it to you, we offer a very cheap paperback. The hardcover is a limited run collectible, which is printed using the nicest materials and the most classy and/or entertaining printing tricks that we can get out of the place that is printing the book for us. The cover will be a similar style to the paperback, but definitely classed up. We haven't 100% happered down all of the details, and all of the materials yet (and we're still waiting on some interior cover art tweaks from Steve Purcell), but when we do, we'll let everyone know what's going on and what's special about the hardcover version... but it is really just the cover/durability/collectibility that's going up. There aren't any extra comics or anything. If the prospect of a fancy book on its own doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it! Get the paperback instead. If you want a very classy collectible version of the Sam & Max comics suitable for passing down through your family for generations, which will probably only be available for a few months to a year, then get it. Not complicated :)
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, it'll be pretty lame.

... or you could trust us when we say we're trying to make it awesome :)

I wasn't trying to imply that it would be lame if it was just the same except for it being hardcover. I was just trying to coax more info out of you guys about this. ;)
    I'm not trying to come off as ungrateful because I'm really not! The book is going to be awesome regardless.
    edited March 2008
    you totally coaxed successfully, but didn't notice.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Jake wrote:
    We haven't 100% happered down all of the details

Happered?

*runs away*
    edited March 2008
    1870 people can't be wrong!
  • edited March 2008
    ...and thus i declare "to happer" a word. it is now approved by me and you are free to use it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.