Phoenix Max, Rabbit At Law?

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
My friend BA and I were talking about an idea we'd like to present to the writers for these new sam and max games. Since they seem to be starting to parody a few things like Punchout and Paperboy with the mini games, have you pondered a parody/ripoff of the Phoenix Wright games?

Honestly. Imagine Max as a defense attourney.

..............................done laughing yet? That situation alone would be priceless to see.

And maybe Sybil can be the judge. she hasn't had a job in a while, and Judge isn't a role she's been yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this here to lay out the idea for any writers who might read here, and to hear fellow fan's ideas.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Max wrote:
    *shoots prosecution lawyer in the head*

the defense rests.

>.>
  • edited February 2008
    I'd like to see that. I love the Pheonix Wright games. Isn't Apollo Justice out now?
    Damn, that name hasn't gotten any less stupid over time. Ah well, did I really expect it to?
  • edited February 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I'd like to see that. I love the Pheonix Wright games. Isn't Apollo Justice out now?
    Damn, that name hasn't gotten any less stupid over time. Ah well, did I really expect it to?

When you actually play, you get used to it pretty quickly.
  • edited February 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    When you actually play, you get used to it pretty quickly.
    Yeah, I imagine that I would. Phoenix Wright is a pretty dumb name, too, but less so than Apollo Justice.
    I have no doubt that the game itself will be amazing, though.
  • edited February 2008
    i always wanted t test phoenix wright but ive never seen it in austria. also i think its not available for any platforms i have/use
  • edited February 2008
    Max is probably good at badgering witnesses, but I doubt he could play by the rules enough to get things done. I envision a scenario where Sam takes the defense and arranges for Max to be the prosecution (it's not like they haven't pulled similar stunts before); puzzles ranging from objecting on the right grounds to teaming up to get to the truth to reining in Max when he goes overboard and tries to actually win.
  • edited February 2008
    Not a bad idea actually though I think it'd turn out like that Harvey Birdman PS2/PSP game in the end and being relatively too easy to finish. I doubt it could be anywhere as near text heavy as the Phoenix Wright games to withstand extended gameplay

Steve Purcell would be pulling his hair out I'd imagine trying to think of 'cases'. Actually he'd make a good Judge :D A cameo like Stan Lee in all his superhero movies
  • edited February 2008
    Had to do it:
    2w59dv9.png

Cases... Flint Paper as the defendant could open up a nice dramatic can of worms. For a more lighthearted take Whizzer as defendant could be excellent. Either way you could easily see a typical plot-twist with the prosecutor suddenly becoming the defendant.
  • edited February 2008
    Nice idea!
  • edited March 2008
    Gresman wrote: »
    i always wanted t test phoenix wright but ive never seen it in austria. also i think its not available for any platforms i have/use
    Do you own a DS?
    Do you have access to Amazon.com?
    If the answer to either of these is yes, you can indeed play them.
  • edited March 2008
    Honestly. Imagine Max as a defense attourney.
    I actually saw that a while back!
    maxcourt.png
  • edited March 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Do you own a DS?
    Do you have access to Amazon.com?
    If the answer to either of these is yes, you can indeed play them.

Yes i have access to amazon. But no i dont have access to a ds! better said ive access to a ds but i dont own it.

thank you for answering my question why im not able to test these games
  • edited March 2008
    Max would be better off as a biology teacher.
  • edited March 2008
    Yes i have access to amazon. But no i dont have access to a ds! better said ive access to a ds but i dont own it.

Here's a demo for the latest game in the series.
    (If you want to get into the game then you'll want to start from the start, but there are minimal spoilers of the previous game in the demo.)

I won't judge it against Sam and Max, but if you like Adventure Games, then it's a series worth getting into.

As for a crossover... well... not sure how it would work. Plot points in Sam and Max fly past at a rate of about one a second, whilst in Phoenix Wright you spent hours debating each point.
    Telltale seem to love giving us clues as to who the ultimate villain is though. Maybe in the last episode you could have Sam and Max presenting evidence and trying to argue the case against the villain?
  • edited March 2008
    i think an attorney game would be a nice spin off
  • edited March 2008

They also released the first game on mobile phones:

http://capcommobile.com/description.php?ProductID=10
  • edited March 2008
    Phoenix Wright is hilariously bad, in that vein, I think the Harvey Birdman game is much more fun.
  • edited March 2008
    Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice>>>>>>>>>>Harvey Birdman Game.

Yes they captured the spirit of the series but as for as depth and replayability and overall game PW/AJ wins hands down.
  • edited March 2008
    I agree with Dedlok. Ace Attorney>>>>>>>>>>>Harvey Birdman game.

Also, the company who made the Harvey Birdman game (high voltage designed the game while Capcom published the game) made the awful Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude game, as well as the Family Guy game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.