PN2 Needs to be more random

I have to say only playing this game for a short time, you can always tell that Brock is always going to win 95% of the time. Claptrap is almost always going to fold or lose.. Mostly fold however, and Sam wins about 30-50% of the time.. Ash seems to almost always go out first or win instantly.

There is no randomness with the game. I feel like I am always playing the same game over and over and the same people are going to be there at the end. Almost feels like the game is pre-played and we already know who is gonna win.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Oddly enough, I've had the exact opposite experience pretty consistently. Brock is almost always the first one out, followed closely by Sam; Claptrap and Ash usually make it to the endgame. The first tournament I won was in a standoff against Ash (which was lucky on my end, since his strategy is just bluff, bluff, and bluff some more).

Reading the boards, though, it looks like my game is just a special snowflake in this regard.
  • edited April 2013
    Depends on your own playing stile and how it corresponds with the AI's, but poker mainly is about figuring out your opponent, and that way you can increase your odds dramatically.
  • edited April 2013
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    Oddly enough, I've had the exact opposite experience pretty consistently. Brock is almost always the first one out, followed closely by Sam; Claptrap and Ash usually make it to the endgame. The first tournament I won was in a standoff against Ash (which was lucky on my end, since his strategy is just bluff, bluff, and bluff some more).

Reading the boards, though, it looks like my game is just a special snowflake in this regard.
    Actually my games have been matching up with yours. Brock is almost always out, and only occasionally gets to win. Either Ash or Claptrap are the best player in the game, usually at random. Sam, on the other hand, never wins. I've gotten to something like twenty one on one battles now and Sam has never been one of them yet. He's always always always eliminated.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't remember on how many 1-on-1 battles I have been in PN2, but I do know that at least 50% of them were against Sam, 40% against Claptrap and 10% against Brock. Ash is, in my game, the player that always leaves first. Sam is almost never kicked out of the game because he often folds before seeing the flop.
  • edited April 2013
    Ok well I am glad to be proven wrong and its nice to see that others are having the opposite experience I am.. That is good news....
  • edited April 2013
    Maybe you should play my game, where the only thing that is mathematically certain is that you WILL lose.
  • edited April 2013
    Brock has some of the easiest tells and only bluffs when he is on a roll. Ash is a mega time bluffer (a 10000 bet with an Ace high...) but sometimes he will have something good which makes him dangerous. Sam tends to be the best in my game. Difficult to read. Knows when to fold, go all in and how to bluff. Claptrap is Claptrap. Of everyone it has came down to. My finals go like this. Sam 40% Brock 35% Ash 15% Claptrap 10%
Sign in to comment in this discussion.