Anyone find a continued conversation from a previous hand or tournament?

The Poker Night 2 PSN blog post mentioned that the game actually has conversations that go all across the game, and aren't just a short-lived chat.

For example, I got a conversation in one game in which Ash mentioned marrying Wendy the day after the tournament, and it sounded like it was going to lead up to something. I got knocked out early, and the topic hasn't been brought up yet.

Anyone get something like this?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I got one where he said he was going to propose. The next day, which was about two tournaments later, this same conversation continued when Brock mentioned the proposal, and how it went.
  • edited April 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I got one where he said he was going to propose. The next day, which was about two tournaments later, this same conversation continued when Brock mentioned the proposal, and how it went.

Ah, I see. It's been about two tournaments since he said so, too, and some of the players got eliminated early. That's probably why it hasn't been brought up.
  • edited April 2013
    Once I had a conversation about Brock Samson trying to recover Dean's missing collection of Alien Invasion cards. There was another conversation in another game following up on it.
  • edited April 2013
    Once I had a conversation about Brock Samson trying to recover Dean's missing collection of Alien Invasion cards. There was another conversation in another game following up on it.

I had that conversation as well. I kind of hope there's a third part to it based on the efforts of Sam to help.

In the Sam & Max 25th Anniversary room, the topic of how long Sam & Max have been together comes up quite a lot. And in the Boarderlands room, Claptrap keeps trying to sell everyone better weapons. I don't know if those count as continuing conversations, but it's something to take note of.
  • edited April 2013
    I got one that talks about Sam being the 'chosen one'. So far I've gotten three parts, I think. But each one did repeat a few times. I think it might be it goes through a new one when you re open the game. Though it could just be a glitch.
  • edited April 2013
    I've never had any conversations like this. But then, people are eliminated so fast that I'm stuck constantly listening to the same damned five or six conversations over and over again, and I can't even skip the dialogues or switch up how often people speak because for some incredibly stupid reason, Telltale took both of those options out of their sequel.
  • edited April 2013
    Kgummy wrote: »
    I got one that talks about Sam being the 'chosen one'. So far I've gotten three parts, I think. But each one did repeat a few times. I think it might be it goes through a new one when you re open the game. Though it could just be a glitch.

Do you mean Max? Sam talked a bunch about the "Chosen One" for me too, but it was Max in those conversations.
  • edited April 2013
    Whoops yeah, mixed them up.
  • edited April 2013
    The one I'm trying to get to come up again is the one about Ash accidentally getting Sheila (I think) pregnant in the 14th century. I never got to see the payoff on that one.

I love the one about Brock and Sam looking for replacement "Alien Invasion" cards for Dean. Anything with Brock looking after Hank and Dean just strikes me as really endearing. I've been watching Venture Bros. for years, and I got the sense that despite being generally annoyed with Rusty and the boys, he does care about them. And I like that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.