Sam: Creepy Close-Ups?

I'm really sorry about this thread, but it is something that disturbs me a lot, honestly.

nouveauskitch.png

Don't you think he looks really creepy?

Creepy like those:

dumbopinkelephants.jpg

I didn't find the exact screenshot, but when you're on a 1-on-1 battle against Sam, you have those close-ups on his empty eyes and enormous smile that are just quite... disturbing?

Ok, maybe I'm the only one, I don't know. I'm really sorry if this is the case. :o

Comments

• edited April 2013
    He's just intimidating you, don't let him get to ya! ;)
  • edited April 2013
    HAHA! I never made that connection, but now I can't unsee.

"I can stand the sight of bots
    And look at plent'ful pots
    But technicolored six foot dogs
    Is really too much for me."
  • edited April 2013
    can I get Sam to kiss me too :3
  • edited April 2013
    The only close up of Sam that really bugs me is when we are down to the finals and the camera zooms in to his giant feet on the table.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm quite partial to this close-up I got.

QpszBy2.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    Nova, that's my favorite tell in the whole game.
  • edited April 2013
    I always thought that tell was Sam simply falling out of his chair for leaning too far forward, but now it seems like he just leans into it outright - it's kind of weird-looking to me now, but still characterful.
  • edited April 2013
    I love all of his little dog-like behavioral tics - dropping his chin onto the table, growling, etc. It's sort of like the panting/peanut butter licking in TDP. Just neat little details c:

Also all of the dog questions. SO MANY DOG QUESTIONS. Poor Sam.
  • edited May 2013
    Nova, that's my favorite tell in the whole game.

I have so much trouble interpreting those tells. Ash for example, may seem really upset in an obvious way, but he does have a very good hand. So I basically try to think that when the players seem angry or disappointed, they pretend to have a bad hand only to lure us into playing. But then, I don't know any "tell" because if bad equals good and good equals bad, those gestures are always controlled and not unconscious.

Therefore I'm very lost. :D
  • edited May 2013
    Fazz wrote: »
    I have so much trouble interpreting those tells. Ash for example, may seem really upset in an obvious way, but he does have a very good hand. So I basically try to think that when the players seem angry or disappointed, they pretend to have a bad hand only to lure us into playing. But then, I don't know any "tell" because if bad equals good and good equals bad, those gestures are always controlled and not unconscious.

Therefore I'm very lost. :D

Those bastards! >8(
  • edited May 2013
    Well, I can't stay mad at them. Because I love them. And every single one of them could kill me in the most horrendous ways. But mostly because of the love thing. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.