Theme Poker Room Intros - Which is your favorite?

To trigger these, you need to deploy a set during the first hand of a new tournament, preferably when it is your turn.

The first time you do it, you are introduced to the House Rule that explains why The Inventory changes, but the second time, you get setting specific introductions.

So far, my favorite is the Aperture room's intro, especially since GlaDOS points out that the player has no idea what they've done now that she has access to bring turrets and portals into play.

Second would have to go to the Boarderlands room, but only because of Brock's line of how it looks like "a strip club with explosives.":D

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I had no idea about this! Thanks for telling me. :D
  • edited April 2013
    I had no idea these existed either! Thank you!
  • edited April 2013
    So far, I've gotten at least one win in the Borderlands, Sam & Max, Venture Bros., and Evil Dead rooms so far, and the outros are all really funny.
  • edited April 2013
    Just so we're clear, it seems every Inventory theme has its own...

-Intro
    -Soundtrack
    -Conversations that only play with that theme
    -Victory sequence (laughed my ass off when Brock reluctantly went "Go Team Venture")
    -Cinematic for when the first player is eliminated
  • edited April 2013
    -Cinematic for when the first player is eliminated

But it doesn't always trigger on the first player, for some reason.
  • edited April 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    But it doesn't always trigger on the first player, for some reason.

It actually triggers based on how well the player plays their hand, which I'm still trying to figure out what determines it. I'm guessing it involves a big pot, because in the Boarderlands room I keep triggering Steve whenever Ash goes All In and loses.

Speaking of which, I love what happens when Steve comes out for Sam's elmination.
    The way Max goes into attack mode on Steve the moment he puts his hand on Sam's shoulder made me go "Oh no!" and then he just politely ushers both of them to their table they always sit at made me laugh.
    :D
  • edited April 2013
    Steve is definitely the highlight of the game and would have made much funnier dialogue than Skankrat.

(yes I'm joking)

I'm really torn between Borderlands and Portal for favourite room layout.
    But I guess nothing beats the takeout in the Evil dead rooms even if I got Ash 3 times in 3 games.
  • edited April 2013
    Are any of the intros other than Boarderlands or Portal supposed to have dialogue? All I get is a camera pan through the environment for the others.
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    But I guess nothing beats the takeout in the Evil dead rooms even if I got Ash 3 times in 3 games.

I just got that as well! It is indeed awesome. I'm going to stick around in that room until I see how the other three exit, similar to what I did with Dr. Venture's teleporter just to see where everyone ended up.:D
    Are any of the intros other than Boarderlands or Portal supposed to have dialogue? All I get is a camera pan through the environment for the others.
    All of the ones I did had dialogue when I deployed them the first time. After that, they do camera pans.
  • edited April 2013
    only got borderlands so far i love it when steve shoots at brock..
  • edited April 2013
    Zeek wrote: »
    It actually triggers based on how well the player plays their hand, which I'm still trying to figure out what determines it. I'm guessing it involves a big pot, because in the Boarderlands room I keep triggering Steve whenever Ash goes All In and loses.

Speaking of which, I love what happens when Steve comes out for Sam's elmination.
    The way Max goes into attack mode on Steve the moment he puts his hand on Sam's shoulder made me go "Oh no!" and then he just politely ushers both of them to their table they always sit at made me laugh.
    :D

I agree that it's probably either a big pot or just an All In in general. It always seems to happen whenever they decide to go big or go home.

While I was recording my last game with the Borderlands theme I totally got Sam's elimination cinematic :D Definitely my favorite of the lot when you consider all of the others.
  • edited April 2013
    Zeek wrote: »
    All of the ones I did had dialogue when I deployed them the first time. After that, they do camera pans.

Hmm... I guess since I deployed the other themes for the first time between tournaments they're never going to trigger for me. Which is kind of lame.

What happens in them?
  • edited April 2013
    Hmm... I guess since I deployed the other themes for the first time between tournaments they're never going to trigger for me. Which is kind of lame.

What happens in them?
    As best as I can remember....

The First Time PERIOD: Everyone questions what the hell is going on, and Reggie explains that there's a rule established by the owner that they will decorate The Inventory when the player deploys a matching set of table unlockables.

Boarderlands: Everyone is kind of confused as to what's going on, Moxxxi stands up and does her sexy pose, and Claptrap introduces the rest of the cast to the world of Pandora. (Which, according to Reggie, they are contractually obligated to reproduce when you unlock this table set.)

Sam & Max 25th Anniversary: Reggie explains that the Inventory has been redecorated to help celebrate Sam & Max's 25 years of service as Freelance Police. (Kind of boring, honestly, but there's is the implication that there may be a villain hiding to help eliminate players. Spoiler:
    He's actually referring to Max
    .)

Venture Bros.: Brock starts freaking out, and Reggie again explains why they decorated the room to look like Venture Industries. Brock states he's freaking out because The Inventory has some of Doc Venture's more faulty experiments, to which Reggie just replies that they bought them from Rusty/Doc in order to achieve the highest level of simulacra.

Army of Darkness: Lots of fancy camera flying movements ends with Reggie explaining in a very over-dramatic tone that the Inventory has been changed to recreate the 14th Century setting of the Army of Darkness comic, complete with an open invitation to the Deadites. Ash is not at all pleased by this.

Portal: "Hey! I'm suddenly clean!" (Claptrap) GlaDOS warns the player that by unlocking the Portal Table Set, The Inventory has given her access to use Aperture Science equipment for the tournament. Her confidence in the intelligence of The Player lowers because clearly you didn't realize how dangerous this set actually was, or you wouldn't have deployed it.
  • edited May 2013
    i did lol at the army of darkness theme when people bust out and the player wins

portal theme needs better music...

working on venture and s & m now
  • edited May 2013

What happens in them?
    You can still trigger them. You just have to switch to another theme when it's your turn in the first hand of a new tournament. You then have to do another new tournament to do more triggering of intros.
  • edited May 2013
    Kyronea wrote: »
    You can still trigger them. You just have to switch to another theme when it's your turn in the first hand of a new tournament. You then have to do another new tournament to do more triggering of intros.

this
Sign in to comment in this discussion.