Less Dialogue Option

Really loving the game so far and the improvements they've made since PN1. However, I've noticed that there is no option for the amount of dialogue that you hear like there was in the first one. That coupled with the long dialogue sequences that you can't skip will make for a pretty annoying game after everything has been heard multiple times. After about 10 hours into the first game I set the dialogue on low and it was much more enjoyable. I'm not sure why they took that option out, but I hope they will add it in a future update!

Comments

• ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    The biggest problem is not being able to skip the lines. I can't be bothered to listen to GLaDOS talk about about my posterior every time I press a button.
  • edited April 2013
    The thing that bugs me is when every one else at a table folds and game play moves on, but when I fold I have to hear comments from everyone at the table + Glados, it would be better if glados would give grief to the rest of the people at the table but it never seems to happen.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    goemon wrote: »
    The thing that bugs me is when every one else at a table folds and game play moves on, but when I fold I have to hear comments from everyone at the table + Glados, it would be better if glados would give grief to the rest of the people at the table but it never seems to happen.

She does, just not as often.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    The biggest problem is not being able to skip the lines. I can't be bothered to listen to GLaDOS talk about about my posterior every time I press a button.

Certainly they must realize this is annoying, yet decided to force us to listen to these lines every time. I'm not sure why, but I hope they add in the option to skip as well as an overall option for less dialogue.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »

My ample posterior is harASSed by these incessant insults. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.
  • edited April 2013
    Sometimes I pretend that that she might just be saying it to whoever she knows has the worse hand at the time.
  • edited April 2013
    Definitely a strange decision.
  • edited April 2013
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Sometimes I pretend that that she might just be saying it to whoever she knows has the worse hand at the time.

I believe she said it to others besides the player, yeah.
  • edited April 2013
    I believe she said it to others besides the player, yeah.

Big mistake junior. -.-
  • edited May 2013
    I agree. The lack of options to skip or reduce the chatter seems odd given it was in the first one. Aren't sequels meant to improve upon the original, not remove features?
  • edited May 2013
    You have no idea how annoying it is to listen to the same 2 conversations over and over between Brock and Claptrap. GLaDOS chiming in about butts doesn't help at all. :mad:
  • edited May 2013
    Agreed. I've gotten to the point I just turn off my speakers:p
  • edited May 2013
    I wonder how many people complaining about too much dialogue are the same people complaining about lack of multiplayer.
  • edited May 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    I wonder how many people complaining about too much dialogue are the same people complaining about lack of multiplayer.
    I'm not bothered by the amount of dialogue. Even the repetition wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the fact that it's unskippable.

See, I played about ninety hours of the first game on Steam alone, not counting all those hours I played the Telltale version before switching to the Steam version. I've gone through that game at least four times to unlock everything because savegame corruption wiped it all. So I got to hear almost every conversation in the game. (I say almost because using the Telltale Game Extractor revealed to me that there was a whole ton of stuff I hadn't heard, though most of it was probably unimplemented, granted.)

After a certain length of time, the conversations became almost like old familiar friends. I could stand listening to a conversation for the very likely two hundredth time because I knew I could always skip it if I had to, or it'd be interrupted and not be picked up again since the "pick up where they left off" system was far less robust in the first game. It was also easier to tune them out since only two or three conversations in the entire game actually took control away from you, and the ones that did that were really fun to listen to so it was never a problem.

But the key thing there was skippability. Being unable to skip in the second game makes it far more grating to hear conversations repeated over and over. Heck a few times I've heard a long conversation that takes away focus from the game, then the very next hand hear that same conversation! I don't have a chance to see the conversations as old familiar friends, as it were, because they'll be too busy annoying me.

So yeah, my point is: skippability is all I want. Please implement this, Telltale. It's all I'm asking for in a patch. Everything else is fine.
  • edited May 2013
    Big mistake junior. -.-

The next time you wanna grill me, you'd better have better insults. *Snaps fingers*
  • edited May 2013
    Personally I don't mind. Games repeat sound assets, music and dialogue and that is just part of the gaming. What I think many of you are asking is to make the dialogue work so that it does not make you wait in the meantime.

If dialogue begins really to annoy you, maybe it is just sign of needing a break.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.