Sam & Max 205 Windows 8 Issue?

I'm having an issue getting Sam & Max episode 205 to boot up on my Windows 8 Pro machine. Using the download straight from TTG, but when I open it up, it goes to the launcher windows and there's no way to launch the game. Looks like attached picture. Any solutions?

Windows 8 Pro
2nd Gen I5-2320 3GHz
8GB DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 6770

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Do the episodes 201-204 work?

Does it look different if you are disconnected from the internet before starting the game?
  • edited April 2013
    Episodes 201-204 don't work either, just tried them. Tried disconnecting internet and it just had a similar screen but said that it couldn't connect to the community site. I have season 3 purchased through Steam and those launch straight into the game and work just fine, but the games through Telltale that have me login and go through the Telltale launcher aren't working. I just checked on Tales of Monkey Island Ep. 1 and it does the exact same thing. Any way to avoid the launcher?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sadly there's no bypass for the launcher.

I don't know how to solve these obscure launcher issues. I suggest you write to support@telltalegames.com if you don't get any better results here.
  • edited July 2013
    Same here, the game versions from telltalegames.com don't work.

The Steam version of the Walking Dead works, I'll try the CD versions of the other games when I find the time.
This discussion has been closed.