PSN Version Suggestion: Remove Autosave Option

Please, please, please.

Otherwise this game is pretty much unplayable. Every hand autosaves and freezes the characters up - often times skipping audio or making it stutter before moving on to the actual hand where it may actually freeze again. I love the game, I love the concept and I love the way that the characters continue to talk as they play hands.

But could we get an option to turn off the autosaves? It would make playing this a lot less of a chore.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Registered just to agree with this. I absolutely love this game and I'm having so much fun playing it. I would have EVEN MORE fun if the auto-save feature didn't stutter or outright freeze the game. I don't regret my purchase in the least; I just hope this gets better with support from Telltale.
  • edited May 2013
    Have to admit I'm baffled as to why this would happen in the first place. I'd have figured it'd just be a matter of "open file, write a few bytes (maybe encrypting them as you go), close file". Should be done in less than a millisecond.

Even if for some reason this isn't possible, it could possibly be spun off into its own thread, which should keep it from interrupting the game. But there might be some reason that isn't possible.
  • edited May 2013
    Registered just to agree with this. I absolutely love this game and I'm having so much fun playing it. I would have EVEN MORE fun if the auto-save feature didn't stutter or outright freeze the game. I don't regret my purchase in the least; I just hope this gets better with support from Telltale.

My sentiments exactly.
  • edited May 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    Have to admit I'm baffled as to why this would happen in the first place. I'd have figured it'd just be a matter of "open file, write a few bytes (maybe encrypting them as you go), close file". Should be done in less than a millisecond.

Even if for some reason this isn't possible, it could possibly be spun off into its own thread, which should keep it from interrupting the game. But there might be some reason that isn't possible.

Not meaning this as a personal attack or insult on you, but often what people "figure" and what is beyond what the developers can control/have no control over.

In this case it may just be how the PS3 hardware does things/allot system memory resources to various processes and/or how much it can handle at one time. The auto-save is kind of a necessity for pick up and play/leave at any time experience Telltale wants with the game and is present in all versions.
  • edited May 2013
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Not meaning this as a personal attack or insult on you, but often what people "figure" and what is beyond what the developers can control/have no control over.
    I know. That's why I said "I'd have figured it'd be a matter of..." and not "It should just be a matter of..."

I'm a game developer too, and I'm all too aware of how crazy things can be sometimes...

There is no doubt in my mind, though, that somebody somewhere screwed up. Whether it's Sony or Telltale I can't say, but something like this is not supposed to be difficult to implement.
  • edited May 2013
    Same problem here, really breaks up the game, hope to see a patch soon
  • edited May 2013
    Otherwise this game is pretty much unplayable. Every hand autosaves and freezes the characters up - often times skipping audio or making it stutter before moving on to the actual hand where it may actually freeze again. I love the game, I love the concept and I love the way that the characters continue to talk as they play hands.

Quoted for truth. :mad:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.