Do the drinks actually work for characters?

I've been using the drinks feature for all characters, apparently they're supposed to show their "tells" easily, but I don't think it works.

I mean when I purchase drinks for characters, the least they did was compliment me or come up with some snappy comeback, I think only Claptrap did that.

Does it really affect the game, cause I don't think it does, it's just either an excuse to look at Moxxi's cleavage or a waste of tokens that could've gone to unlockable themes.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I'm starting to wonder that myself. I've got a nice collection of Tokens now that I've unlocked everything, and have been playing the game mostly to complete/hear the conversations that I've missed through blind luck and quick eliminations.
  • edited May 2013
    I read a guide suggesting to buy drinks for Brock and Sam so they face each other or something like that, but I haven't noticed any obvious benefits from buying drinks myself.
  • edited May 2013
    Mostly I buy drinks because the table doesn't look right without them. I love Claptrap's sippy cup.
  • edited May 2013
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Mostly I buy drinks because the table doesn't look right without them. I love Claptrap's sippy cup.

I love Sam's huge tropical cup myself. I wish I owned one.
  • edited May 2013
    yeah the sippy cup is hilarious and even more so cos clappy uses his 'disc tray' as a cup holder it's so cute :D
  • edited May 2013
    "You'we CD-tway is not a cup holdew" - Homestar Runner
  • edited May 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    "You'we CD-tway is not a cup holdew" - Homestar Runner

dafuq...
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    I hate it when people mix up "you'we" and "youw". Get it wight, people!
  • edited May 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    I hate it when people mix up "you'we" and "youw". Get it wight, people!

I imagined that being emotionally spoken by Elmer Fudd.
  • edited May 2013

ahhh thanks for clearing that up :)
  • edited June 2013
    I do notice that some of them do take a drink before bluffing
Sign in to comment in this discussion.