Real life poker sets (or decks)

We've seen some pretty cool merchandize on the telltale store in the past, I'm wondering why they haven't made themed decks of cards like those unlocked in the game, or a straight out collector poker set.

I feel these would sell like little bread considering the visibility this game as been getting lately (Or maybe it's just me really wanting one!).

Make a Sam&Max poker set and take my money please!

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Yes, please. I would buy a Sam and Max deck in a heartbeat.
  • edited May 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    Yes, please. I would buy a Sam and Max deck in a heartbeat.

I'll take twenty
  • edited May 2013
    krunsh wrote: »
    We've seen some pretty cool merchandize on the telltale store in the past, I'm wondering why they haven't made themed decks of cards like those unlocked in the game, or a straight out collector poker set.

I feel these would sell like little bread considering the visibility this game as been getting lately (Or maybe it's just me really wanting one!).

Make a Sam&Max poker set and take my money please!

Thoughts?

They'd have to get merchandising rights from Cartoon Network, MGM, Gearbox, and Steam before they could do that. At best, they would be able to sell Inventory and Sam & Max themed sets if they were to go down that route.

A pack of cards shouldn't be that difficult. They produced a pack of Tarot cards for Monkey Island, so producing a poker card deck featuring the art from the game shouldn't be difficult. Maybe more expensive since we are talking about 30+ more cards, but still.

Don't know how much it would cost them to sell a Card and Chips set, though... the generic ones I see seem relatively cheap, but that's because they are also cheap to begin with, using the same plastic found in Happy Meal toys for the chips. The bulk of the production cost appears to be in the storage case, but that's me grasping at straws and assuming.:p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.