Season 3 request

2»

Comments

• FloFlo
    edited March 2008
    psypod wrote:
    I'm gonna have to backup the idea of being able to select dialogs with the keyboard. I feel this is the feature that I always missed.
    I'd rather use the mousewheel for that, personally.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Flo wrote: »
    Direct character controls can increase immersion a lot, but it just doesn't mix with an uncontrollable camera. For direct controls to shine, you need a full 360° 3D environment and either a chase cam or one that can be freely rotated around the character.

I don't agree with that. Direct control with a static camera (like in Grim) can be awkward as all get out, but direct control with a camera that has some liquidity and responsiveness to your movements to it can feel very organic and nice. The distraction caused by manipulating user-controllable cameras is usually enough to pull me out of the game world, or possibly break my living room table with the controller I'm bashing against it. Mario Galaxy was murder for some people, but I found the 3D follow/modifiable camera to be pretty nice in that game. In a direct control game, I just want the world to be slowly exposed based on my direct movements, and I want to be able to get up close to things. There are surely many combinations of player and camera movement methods that allow you to do that well, but there are also a lot of combinations which are awkward.
  • edited March 2008
    This is gonna come out really wrong

But I like to play sam and max one handed :eek: so I can drink a beer out the other while playing :D
  • edited March 2008
    binoculars might be a nice feature
  • edited March 2008
    Tools like binoculars are only added when needed. Case and Point Reality 2.0 where you get a pair of binoculars in order to find out the password to Bosco's bank account. Having them all the time would be the same as having Sam's gun on hand: 9 out of 10 times you won't use it unless it is a last resort item because nothing else has worked.

And there is only so much binoculars can do even in Sam & Max's illogical world. At least the gun can function as a can opener and a Swiss Cheese maker.
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    A flashlight with a black lightbulb (so we can see Max's rare 60s posters ;))
  • edited March 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    And there is only so much binoculars can do even in Sam & Max's illogical world.

It's true, besides binoculars aren't that handy for anything in there world at all, except for spying on the enemy agents across the street.
  • edited March 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    (so we can see Max's rare 60s posters ;))
    I thought something was missing from the closet since episode 101!!
  • edited March 2008
    I reckon we should all just use atari joysticks... that would be fun
  • edited March 2008
    Not everyone can own Atari joysticks.
  • edited March 2008
    i dont even own one...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.