Is there a proper fix for the save game bug ?

edited May 2013 in Game Support
So, like many other on this forum, I've experienced the bug on PC. This is the non-steam version of the game.

I finished Episode 1 in an evening, everything was fine.

Launched the game a few days later and finished episode 2, no problems at all. All my choices etc definitely carried over as seen in the "previously, on TWD" openining.

Launched the game a few days later to start up Episode 3 and there was nothing available to "continue" as previously. The game also launched at the wrong resolution etc. My save files are all within my user/documents/telltale games folder. I think I have 28 in total + the prefs.prop file.

I've been scowering the forums for the fix and it seems Sizemore's is/was the best solution. As it has been a long time since that post, I was wondering if there was a new, official fix at all ? Do I still need to use Sizemore's fix ?

Surely by now this has been sorted by Telltale...

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2013
    As far as i know there's no official fix.

I would try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the prefs.prop in the savegame folder
    ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead ).

The Sizemore fix kind of works, but you won't the the stats of the episodes anymore, can't rewind, and it might have side effects later in the game.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for the swift reply.

Well, that sucks ! it's approaching a year...Jeez.

I think I'll hold back on playing it any further until a proper fix is available. I'm so into it right now that I don't think I can take it messing up at, say, episode 5 or something....such a shame as it's a brilliant game.

If anyone else knows of a workaround for my problem, please do say.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.