Sam & Max for sure coming to Wii?

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
I know this topic discussed before, but I was watching a recent episode of a video game show called X-Play and during their "Video Viewer Maile" segment, someone asked about if S&M were coming to Wii. I can't exactly remember what the quote was, but a "Telltale Representative" had said that it [Sam & Max Wii] was currently being developed and nearly finished. Is this true?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I don't know exactly what X-Play said because I haven't seen the show, but this is the quote I (the "Telltale Representative") sent them as a response to the question.
    “We keep hearing from fans how much they want Sam & Max for the Wii. It’s something we’re working on, and we’re getting pretty close. When we have definite news about a Sam & Max title for the Wii, Telltale will make an official announcement. Last year we expanded our tools to work on Xbox 360 and Wii so we could develop CSI: Hard Evidence for those consoles, and we plan to keep developing for these consoles. Also, we’re working on a brand new episodic series that will debut as a launch title on Nintendo’s WiiWare service, so that’s something to look forward to!”

So, yeah. This still isn't an official announcement that something exists. But it's an admission that something might. Soon. ;)

EDIT: I realize now the wording is a bit ambiguous. When I said "It's something we're working on, and we're getting close," I meant we're working on a deal to bring Sam & Max to the Wii and we're close to completing one, not that we're currently developing the game and we're almost done. But whatever, it's pretty semantic at this point.
  • edited March 2008
    ^ Hmmmm....
    When X-Play showed the quote, it was a condensed version making it sound like it was being made.
  • edited March 2008
    So, it's likely that there might be the possibility of the game potentially being announced. I think I'll treat S&M on the Wii as fact and act really disappointed if it doesn't come out. :)
  • edited March 2008
    sounds good
    edited March 2008
    Well I guess I should be grateful that the internet hasn't exploded in fits of giddy speculation (again).
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Well I guess I should be grateful that the internet hasn't exploded in fits of giddy speculation (again).

OMG IZ WE HAV SAM N' MAKS 4 DA WEE NAO PLOX?? KTANKSBAI~!

Just in case you miss said giddy speculation. :p
  • edited March 2008
    This would be about where Jake posts a picture of the 'Jump to conclusions' mat.
  • edited March 2008
    Not if I post it first! :D
    70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg
  • edited March 2008

they've already done that 5 or 6 times, I guess the internets is over it
  • edited March 2008
    and so now we all just sit back and watch the cows go home....

moooo
    moooo
    moooo
    splaaasshhh
    :eek:
  • edited March 2008
    i read somewhere that telltale were working on a game for wiiware that wasnt S&M. but im unsure if that rules out S&M ever coming to the console.
  • edited March 2008
    I hope the new wii game series will also be available on PC, I for one am not a console fan.
    edited March 2008
    i read somewhere that telltale were working on a game for wiiware that wasnt S&M.

Yes, we are.
    but im unsure if that rules out S&M ever coming to the console.

No, it doesn't. When the WiiWare game was announced, some sites picked it up as "proof" that Sam & Max would never come out for Wii, which was a little weird.
  • edited March 2008
    Would those of us who have played the PC version really want to buy Sam and Max all over again just to play it on the Wii?
    Not to mention the voices and textures would no doubt have to be further compressed to meet Nintendo's suggested file size. (Which is not a problem as such, it just means people would prefer the PC version given the choice.)

An original game would be nice though ^_^
  • edited March 2008
    Chris1 wrote: »
    Would those of us who have played the PC version really want to buy Sam and Max all over again just to play it on the Wii?
    Not to mention the voices and textures would no doubt have to be further compressed to meet Nintendo's suggested file size. (Which is not a problem as such, it just means people would prefer the PC version given the choice.)

An original game would be nice though ^_^

If Sam & Max comes out on the Wii, I won't be getting it. For one I've already got the game, and secondly I much prefer PC gaming over consoles (despite owning some).
  • edited March 2008
    Chris1 wrote: »
    Not to mention the voices and textures would no doubt have to be further compressed to meet Nintendo's suggested file size.

If you take a look at the development technique Telltale uses. There games are pretty condensed themselves. The games are Graphical Intense where as it would need to b compressed. The current graphics/data should be able to run on the wii without compression.

Physical Disk space and Graphical Processing would be no problem with the Wii. Check out Zelda and RE4 for the wii. S&M would be a piece of cake for the system.

This is all theorized from a non-telltale dev standpoint. I've never touched the Wii sdk myself (hopefully we will be able to purchase a license ourselves in the coming year).

Look forward to seeing some Telltale greatness on the wii though. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Why does everyone want Sam and Max on Wii so badly?
  • edited March 2008
    Because everything's better on the Wii.
  • edited March 2008
    playing sam & max on the TV is the most appealing thing for me
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I personally know a few people who are Sam and Max fans, but haven't yet played our episodic games because they're Mac users and don't quite feel motivated enough to install Boot Camp or something comparable. But they do own consoles.
  • edited March 2008
    I'd love to get rid of the annoyingly long load times that I experience due to my computers suckyness.
    I wouldn't be willing to buy it again, though- unless there was, say, a discount for Season 1 subscribers? I'd get it if it wasn't too much $.
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, my computer's pretty sucky as well. See I have an iMac as my main computer and then my dad has a laptop that runs Windows. Unfortunately it's not capable of running games too well. So, the best settings I can run S&M on (without a horrible drop in frame rate) are low graphics and it's highest resolution (standard not widescreen). That's why I was originally hoping for a Mac release or, when it was mentioned, a Wii release.
  • edited March 2008
    kadji-kun wrote: »
    If you take a look at the development technique Telltale uses. There games are pretty condensed themselves. The games are Graphical Intense where as it would need to b compressed. The current graphics/data should be able to run on the wii without compression.

Physical Disk space and Graphical Processing would be no problem with the Wii. Check out Zelda and RE4 for the wii. S&M would be a piece of cake for the system.

Nintendo have stated that they'd prefer WiiWare games be around 40MB in size.
    Last time I checked, each Sam and Max Episode was about 150MB to download, and 350MB when installed.

...oh, right, but they could just release it on a disk. But what about downloadable content..? ^_^;;
  • edited March 2008
    langley wrote: »
    I personally know a few people who are Sam and Max fans, but haven't yet played our episodic games because they're Mac users and don't quite feel motivated enough to install Boot Camp or something comparable. But they do own consoles.

Precisely! I see a Wii version of Sam & Max the only way I may likely be able to play it natively on a machine that I own. Yes, I have Windows on Bootcamp, but due to a series of unfortunate events I am forced to swap over my hard drive in order to play the games, which although I do I would much prefer to just play it on a system I use on a daily basis.

When Bone was first released on OS X I thought that this was a positive step and bought it immediately. However it seems to have all but been ignored, missing out on all the updates and additions that the PC version has had the pleasure of which I must confess is somewhat disapointing.

Now, if I go and buy CSI on the Wii will that be a similar nail in the coffin of my hopes to just play Sam & Max without having to take a screwdriver to my laptop first? ;)
  • edited March 2008
    No, it doesn't. When the WiiWare game was announced, some sites picked it up as "proof" that Sam & Max would never come out for Wii, which was a little weird.

What can we say? Fans are desperate for any kind of Sam & Max Wii news. Seems kind of silly if you ask...

*notices a burn on my toast that vaguely resembles Max holding a Wii remote*

ZOMG CONFIRMED!!!11!1
  • edited March 2008
    If Sam & Max comes out on the Wii, I will be getting it. For one I've already got the game, and secondly I much prefer console gaming over PCs (despite owning some PC only games).

Fixed to apply to me. :D
  • edited March 2008
    I'm hoping for it to come to the Wii, also. My computer's a gigantic piece of crap, figuratively and literally, I really am surprised my internet connection still runs on it. XD Plus like a lot of people I just really prefer console gaming over computer, have been ever since I got my first NES back in the early to mid 80's. :)
  • edited March 2008
    Depends how they use the motion sensing technology.
  • edited March 2008
    Razahyder wrote: »
    Depends how they use the motion sensing technology.

its a point and click adventure Razahyder. you point. you click. got it?
  • edited April 2008
    I dunno, we have a Wii, and I've been trying to find a way to wrest control of it from the Lego Star Wars set here at Casa Duckpond, and I adore Sam and Max, but I'm not sure how the restricted click and play experience would translate to something as freeform and movement enhancing as the Wii.

But...I'm willing to be surprised, and if it were a different experience than the PC, I'm sure I'd end up with a copy.
  • edited April 2008
    I wish they will make a PSP version too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.