I liked that they made fun of Burn Notice in this game

There is one part where they ask Sam if he uses knives as weapons. Sam said he use to use an axe for a while but people started to call him Sam Axe. Ash makes fun of that name. There is another part when Ash askes himself what Chuck Finley would do.

Comments

• ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Now find the OTHER Bruce Campbell reference(s) :)
  • edited May 2013

Bubba Ho-Tep? I'm sure there's a line or two where Ash shows he's a fan of Elvis.
  • edited May 2013
    Bubba Ho-Tep? I'm sure there's a line or two where Ash shows he's a fan of Elvis.

There's a couple. One where he references Elvis, and another where he references Elvis hair (in a convo with Claptrap, after Clappy talks about how Dr. Zed is experimenting with giving him hair).

I didn't see the Burn Notice jokes as being mean-spirited, though. And I liked that. I think the show is many peoples' first introduction to Bruce, and it's a good show overall (Bruce steals the show, but the rest of the cast is great, too).
  • edited May 2013

You forgot the "Mike 'additional information' Stemmel" at the end.
    edited May 2013
    medacris wrote: »
    There's a couple. One where he references Elvis, and another where he references Elvis hair (in a convo with Claptrap, after Clappy talks about how Dr. Zed is experimenting with giving him hair).

I didn't see the Burn Notice jokes as being mean-spirited, though. And I liked that. I think the show is many peoples' first introduction to Bruce, and it's a good show overall (Bruce steals the show, but the rest of the cast is great, too).

They're definitely not intended to be mean. The Missus and I LOVE the Burn Notice.

Mike "When You're a Spy" Stemmle

PS People have noticed the copious Elvis references, but there's at least one more callback The Chin's colorful cinematic career.
  • edited May 2013
    He mentions wearing a cowboy hat at some point. I looked it up and apparently it's a reference to "Brisco County Jr.," whatever that means.

Didn't take, indeed.
    edited May 2013
    He mentions wearing a cowboy hat at some point. I looked it up and apparently it's a reference to "Brisco County Jr.," whatever that means.

Didn't take, indeed.

Oooh, I forgot about that one. There's still at least another one, though.
  • edited May 2013
    They're definitely not intended to be mean. The Missus and I LOVE the Burn Notice.

Mike "When You're a Spy" Stemmle

PS People have noticed the copious Elvis references, but there's at least one more callback The Chin's colorful cinematic career.

Aaah, I'm glad! I'm glad you both enjoy it. I find a lot of USA's output (well, Burn Notice and White Collar) are really fun to watch with a bunch of people together on the couch.

I think I figured out what the last reference is! At one point, Claptrap and Brock are talking about forced memes, and how true catchphrases come from the heart, like Ash's "Groovy". Ash starts talking about his friend Sam writing his most famous lines, but Brock cuts him off before Ash can say "...Raimi". Sam Raimi wrote the Evil Dead trilogy, as well as the first Spider-Man trilogy (which is why Bruce Campbell cameos in all of them).
  • edited May 2013
    i don't remember seeing bruce in spiderman 1,2 3 ?

unless he was in the ufc scenes ?
  • edited May 2013
    i don't remember seeing bruce in spiderman 1,2 3 ?

unless he was in the ufc scenes ?

Spider Man 1 he was the announcer at the wrestling match.
    Spider Man 2, he was the door man at the theater that stops Peter from going in.
    Spider Man 3, he was the french guy at the restaurant where Peter was trying to purpose to Mary.

Bonus Round!
    He's the gate keeper in OZ The Great And Powerful!
    He's at the end of the credits of the new Evil Dead remake.
  • edited May 2013
    Spider Man 2, he was the door man at the theater that stops Peter from going in.
    Spider Man 3, he was the french guy at the restaurant where Peter was trying to purpose to Mary.

Bonus Round!

cheers lol
  • edited May 2013

Bonus Round!

There was some speculation that, if Raimi would have kept at the series that Bruce was slowly being worked up to be the Mysterio of that universe, but alas, due to Sony's wishes/interference and perfomance of the third it will never be.
  • edited May 2013
    Dedlok wrote: »
    There was some speculation that, if Raimi would have kept at the series that Bruce was slowly being worked up to be the Mysterio of that universe, but alas, due to Sony's wishes/interference and perfomance of the third it will never be.

It might've been cool if he had just been playing Ash there, too. There's been Evil Dead vs. Marvel Zombies crossovers in the comics, including Ash meeting Spider-Man.
    edited July 2013
    Hmmm, I notice that no one's sussed out the final Bruce Campbell filmography reference yet.

Pity, since it's so direct and in your face.
  • edited July 2013
    Hmmm, I notice that no one's sussed out the final Bruce Campbell filmography reference yet.

Pity, since it's so direct and in your face.

Well now people will notice,you couldn't keep it a secret for just a little longer could you,haha just kidding,this is a great thing,now everyone will know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.