Poker Night at the Inventory crashes solution.

A bug in the game makes it crash for those that bought the game upon game start such as closing the tutorial. I figured out were the bug is coming from. I use a Mac so this is what it would show to tell it's location. <Username> / Library / Application Support / Steam / SteamApps / common / Poker Night at the Inventory / CelebrityPoker.app / Show package contents / Contents / Resources / Pack. Notice that HALF of the .ttarch files say the words pc instead of osx. They made a mistake with the downloads and some of the files in the download are the PC platform files instead of the Mac OSX files. There is nothing we can do about this only Valve/Telltale Games can fix this unless we work together.We need suggestions in the Replies from either the Developers or other users themselves to fix the game now that we know that the files are mixed up.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    There is nothing we can do about this only Valve/Telltale Games can fix this unless we work together.

Soooo... this really ISN'T a solution at all... And presents no helpful information to PC users who are experiencing this problem...
  • edited May 2013
    Planex wrote: »
    Soooo... this really ISN'T a solution at all... And presents no helpful information to PC users who are experiencing this problem...

Someone posted this on steam and got a reply saying it also helped them:
    I just bought the TellTale Humble Bundle and can't even start the game, it just crashes right after I press play... I have played some of the other TellTale games and had ZERO problems with them, and now this? I sure hope there's a fix for this problem.

EDIT: I'm running Win7 64bit if it matters.
    EDIT2: Guys I've done it, it's working now. Just go to your game folder->right click game executable->properties->compatibility mode windows vista service pack 2. At least it worked for me!

Hope that helped.
  • edited May 2013
    AriGold34 wrote: »
    Hope that helped.

Yeah, that did it. Thanks for your help. Someone should really sticky that.

P.S. Saw that you're on MAC. Sorry man, I sincerely hope you get your money back.
  • edited May 2013
    still doesn't work (even with compat mode for vista).

win7 64, i5-2500k, gtx 670.
  • edited June 2013
    Problem like this as well. Except I've tried every single compatibility mode to no solution. Luckily, this only happens on my laptop; my PC has no problem running the game. However, I don't like how I can't play on the go :(
  • edited June 2013
    I've had some succes by clickin' "Run as administrator" in the properties for the games .exe file. Its worth a shot...
This discussion has been closed.