X-Max: Greetings, miserable proles!

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
I've noticed that in the HTTP headers sent by the Telltale's web server to the browsers there is a very unusual field:

X-Max: Greetings, miserable proles!

:D

You can check it yourself using one of the many online HTTP headers reader on the Web (ex: www.willythepig.com).

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Or you can just read the the top of the browser where it is usually shown.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    you missed what he's writing about, I think.
  • edited March 2008
    I just wonder, what this guy DID to just find this out... do you surf the web using telnet ? :p
  • edited March 2008
    Wel, he could have just randomly stumbled across it when he fed a webpage here into the aforementioned website.
  • edited March 2008
    It's in the source code for the page, too.
  • edited March 2008
    Heh. apparently vBulletin puts http headers in a meta keyword tag... crazy.
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    you missed what he's writing about, I think.

I understood that he meant we had a seasonal greeting that was a tad out of date. I just thought it was a little funny he threw in a little ad at the bottom.
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh. apparently vBulletin puts http headers in a meta keyword tag... crazy.

If you check, it only writes the subject of the post... actually the subject is the same as the HTTP header we're talking to. In any other page, you won't find it (or just as text, at least, for example the threads list).
  • edited March 2008
    Mwyann wrote: »
    I just wonder, what this guy DID to just find this out... do you surf the web using telnet ? :p
    LiveHttpHeaders plugin for Firefox FTW... :D

np: Blamstrain - Wavephorm (Exosphere)
  • edited March 2008
    Wait.. this is his first and only post, that just happens to point us to that site... I think we've been very sneakily spam'd.
  • edited March 2008
    Although that was my first message on this board, be sure that you haven't be spammed. :D

As my nickname should tell you, I'm just an old-style programmer that uses his Firefox Web Developer Extension a lot! ;)

And since I'm also a big S&M fan, I just wanted to point out that HTTP header field because it is really uncommon to play with those things in the way Telltale did. They mixed humor and internet protocols! :)

So: greetings, miserable proles!
  • edited March 2008
    Man, that one's been around since the launch of website 4.0. I'm amazed it took people this long to find it :)

The second-longest-undiscovered easter egg on the site barely got forum mention, btw, so try and find that :)
  • edited March 2008
    Lowlevel wrote: »
    Although that was my first message on this board, be sure that you haven't be spammed. :D

As my nickname should tell you, I'm just an old-style programmer that uses his Firefox Web Developer Extension a lot! ;)

And since I'm also a big S&M fan, I just wanted to point out that HTTP header field because it is really uncommon to play with those things in the way Telltale did. They mixed humor and internet protocols! :)

So: greetings, miserable proles!

Heh, alright, I rescind my accusation. ... for now... *eyes you warily* :p
  • edited March 2008
    Man, that one's been around since the launch of website 4.0. I'm amazed it took people this long to find it :)

The second-longest-undiscovered easter egg on the site barely got forum mention, btw, so try and find that :)

Was that the pineapple one?
  • mremre
    edited March 2008

Are you talking about the
    Do The Hold'Em!
    one?
  • edited March 2008
    Heh yeah, that's the one. Surprisingly few people find that.
  • edited March 2008
    Man, I forgot about that one.

Is that music from Sam & Max Hit the Road?
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    I think it's a remix of the song from the oval office in 104.

So... There's a pineapple one as well?
  • edited March 2008
    The pineapple one is gone... it stopped being funny once people knew about it :)

The forum used to be setup to censor the word 'pineapple' just to see how long it would take before someone would use that word and be confused.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    If that's not art, I don't know what is. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    I think it's a remix of the song from the oval office in 104.

So... There's a pineapple one as well?

It's not a remix -- it's the sheet music the live musicians used when they recorded for the song, just exported out as a midi file instead of printed out on the page.
  • edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    Are you talking about the
    Do The Hold'Em!
    one?
    Is that the one that you get by going to the sample link?
  • edited March 2008
    Yes.
  • edited March 2008
    Uhhh, what sample link? Really want to see it now!
  • edited March 2008
    The one on the blog comment entry form.
  • edited March 2008
    Thank you, is good!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.