Will I like the serealized version?

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Hey!
I really like adventure games and all, but the classical Sam&Max was just not for me for some reason, I easily got bored, it was just too chaotic. I generally like more serious games, or at least more based on story (for both these reasons I HATED Ankh). so, ive been reading some reviews of the new Sam&Max and they really hyped me up, you think I should try and episode? will I like it?
Thanks...

Comments

• edited March 2008
    You will LOVE it, I assure you. Just ask our beloved President of the United States, Max!!
  • edited March 2008
    Try the free episode. And let us know what you think, I'm interested in hearing the opinions of someone who's not normally a fan of the Sam & Max style.
  • edited March 2008
    I hadn't heard of Sam & Max, played 104 for free and now I've played every episode multiple times. Definitely try Abe Lincoln Must Die :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, Abe Lincoln Must Die, a well-received episode from Season One, is available for free.
  • edited March 2008
    If Hit the Road wasn't your thing then I don't see the episodes being much different.
  • edited March 2008
    Downloading the episode...I'll let you know...
  • edited March 2008
    i would also have recommended to try abe lincoln must die
    its a great episode and i think that you will njoy the episodes
  • edited March 2008
    well, im now at the "debate" stage and it's a whole LOT funnier and better than the classical S&M. Can't put my finger as to why...that one was just not going anywhere...had no direction, just really stupid and over the top ideas.
    (don't feed the submarine?)
  • edited March 2008
    Hit the Road is a classic and is a grade A example of Sam & Max at their best.
    Hunting down a run-away Bigfoot is over the top but running for president over a giant reanimated statue of Lincoln isn't?
    Over the top is what Sam & Max is all about! One of my favorite parts of the comics is when they survive being sacrificed to a god because their captors spontaneously combust for no apparent reason.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Torment wrote: »
    well, im now at the "debate" stage and it's a whole LOT funnier and better than the classical S&M. Can't put my finger as to why...that one was just not going anywhere...had no direction, just really stupid and over the top ideas.
    (don't feed the submarine?)

Glad you're enjoying it!
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    If Hit the Road wasn't your thing then I don't see the episodes being much different.
    I think the difference is that the Episodes are quite a bit more linear than Hit the Road was. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of taste, but I think it helps a lot with the presentation of story. :)
  • edited March 2008

I didn't like Hit The Road eather, but I loved TTG's Sam and Max.
  • edited March 2008
    I didn't like Hit The Road eather, but I loved TTG's Sam and Max.

Not liking the graphics doesn't count brotha
  • edited March 2008
    As much as I generally hype Sam & Max to everyone I meet, I have to say that if you didn't like them in one form, you probably won't like them in another.
  • edited March 2008

Not to blaspheme, but I actually enjoyed the episodes more than the original, even though I played Hit the Road first. Maybe it's because I couldn't get ahold of the Talkie version? Still, the Telltale episodes have great animation, voice acting, writing, direction, and locations. That combined with the good service makes Telltale my favorite gaming company, if not company of any sort, of all time.
  • edited March 2008
    High praise indeed.
    Kedri wrote: »
    Not to blaspheme, but I actually enjoyed the episodes more than the original, even though I played Hit the Road first. Maybe it's because I couldn't get ahold of the Talkie version? Still, the Telltale episodes have great animation, voice acting, writing, direction, and locations. That combined with the good service makes Telltale my favorite gaming company, if not company of any sort, of all time.
  • OMAOMA
    edited March 2008
    I absolutely love the new Seasons Telltale is putting out. However, I'm one of those who didn't particularly like Hit the Road that much, and no, it's not because of its graphics. I love all of LucasArts classic graphic adventures, regardless of the graphics (in fact, I like the old 2D cartoon style more).

So yes, it's perfectly possible to like the new S&M games while not caring so much for Hit the Road (which is still a good game, but it's one of the graphic adventures from LA I liked the least, for some reason, but remember that all of the adventures that LA put out in the 90s were top notch!).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.