204 - Installation issue

edited March 2008 in Game Support
During installation, the following error occured :
Extract:error writing to SamMax204_english.ttarch
I downloaded the exe several times to see if it wasn't corrupted during download, but it's not the case. Also, I've got plenty on room on the target disk...My OS is Windows XP SP2.

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited March 2008
    A few things to check.

First, let's make sure that the installer file is complete. If you could navigate to the file, right-click on the executable, and click 'Properties', you'll get the size of the file. Make sure that the 'Size' (not 'Size on Disk') is: 99.1 MB (103,973,886 bytes)

If not, then there's something fishy going on where your download is being modified. If that's the case, tell me and we can go into that realm of solutions.

Second, how much free space do you have on your windows drive? In order to install, you'll need at least 650mb free as the installer first extracts, then installs the files. The final footprint of the game is ~320mb, but Windows needs about double of that to install the game.

Third, do you have any anti-virus programs running? Sometimes they go too far and mess up installs. You can scan the installer file itself to give you assurance that the file is without a virus, then turn off the anti-virus program temporarily to install the game.
  • edited March 2008
    Second, how much free space do you have on your windows drive? In order to install, you'll need at least 650mb free as the installer first extracts, then installs the files. The final footprint of the game is ~320mb, but Windows needs about double of that to install the game.
    That was the reason, thank you for your quick reply.
This discussion has been closed.