204 is...

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
...so far a great, enjoyable and moody episode which is finally really fun to play, jipieee! :O)

"I can't use these two things together." *snief & wiping away a tear*

*rushing back to the game* :O)

Comments

• edited March 2008
    What's this? A positive in-progress review from taumel? This must be the best episode ever!:D
  • edited March 2008
    Man... the apocolypse is nigh... dogs living with cats, vegetarians eating steak, praise from Taumel... head for the hills! :p
  • edited March 2008
    Right, cuz I can survive the end of the world as long as I'm not in flat terrain.
  • edited March 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    vegetarians eating steak
    As long as I live, I won't eat steak!

That said, I've played 204 for a while today, and I must say, it's... it's... I don't even have words for how awesome and funny it is. And I
    really felt sorry for old Sam
    . Everyone who worked on the episode: I love you and I want to have your babies
    (with the baby-maker machine, of course)
  • edited March 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Right, cuz I can survive the end of the world as long as I'm not in flat terrain.

head for the hills - flee; take to one's heels.
  • edited March 2008
    Again: apocalypse, not generally considered escapable.
  • edited March 2008
    You can't honestly think I was being serious?
  • edited March 2008
    Oh, no, I don't think you were serious in the slightest. I was just pouncing on your choice of words to deliver some unrelated sarcastic commentary.
  • edited March 2008
    Ohh, okay, I was a little concerned for a second there. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Okay i'm trough...
    Wow this was an episode i've really enjoyed. Although it came with a lot of recycling, this time it worked for me due to the story, the music, just the mood in there and it just didn't feel boring to me like the most parts of the episodes before. Another reason might be the timemachine and the science fiction aspect it offered. I loved the office in the future with all those nice details and the spaceships flying around outside. Sad that you couldn't fly around with one, the models really looked good.

Makes you thinking of how good a Sam&Max would have been if it would be set totally in a jetsons like future. Anyway jumping through time was fun and as i've written before this time the recyceled locations worked for me, due to how they were altered and what you had to do there. The interaction with the characters was way better. I really would have loved a mini game with fixing the arcade machine as this would have been a great idea presenting something weird and new.

In the beginning the game was easy but then after you meat the Mariachis, who were great, holy moly this was a brainer and it felt like the riddles were going *vroom* from 20 to 100km/h within a second. Anyway i got them down and it's really evil to end this with such a cliffhanger guys!

I do really hope that i'll be in the future and come to the black hole which was presented in my favourite location in episode one the poster with the black hole before the theatre and if so i hope for seeing more of those wonderful spaceships too and BEEING IN CONTROL OF THEM! :O)

Puhhh, as for the rating i guess i can still think of a more enjoyful and more interesting storyline which goes on and is set in another interesting location, i also think that it won't work out well doing this for a second time and i'm also aware that i still had to do certain things for three times and blablabla but compared to what has been done till now it just fit together much better and so beeing objective i would rate it as a 8 out of 10.

But who cares about beeing objective anyway and as i'm more an emotional person i give it straight a 9 out of 10. :O)

¡Muchas gracias!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I'm glad we finally made one you liked. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Speaking of the apocalypse, didn't sam and max destroy the universe at the end of 204? Because in 205 there better not be a universe or i will complain about a lack of continuity! great episode btw.
  • edited March 2008
    Speaking of the apocalypse, didn't sam and max destroy the universe at the end of 204? Because in 205 there better not be a universe or i will complain about a lack of continuity! great episode btw.

Actually, they just caused the Big Bang, therefore creating the universe. >_>
  • edited March 2008
    Actually, the continuity for the season has been screwed up since about the middle of 204. :D
  • edited March 2008
    at which point exactly zeek
  • edited March 2008
    you shouldn't think to much about the continuity. there is some weird stuff going on in 204. it even uses two different time travel theories, if i may call it that. the first is that if you alter anything in the past it will almost instantly alter the future, as seen in "back to the future" or "day of the tentacle". an example for this is the puzzle where you have to
    fix bosco
    the other is that regardless what you do during time travel it will only lead to the status quo, like with
    finding the bottle of wine turned vinegar and then traveling to the past and removing the cork or creating the universe
    . And last there is some random other stuff that makes even less sense. I mean,
    sam & max travel to episode 102, change places with their former selves, live through to 204 again and then send the past versions off into time and nothing is altered at all
  • edited March 2008
    this episode received the second best review
  • edited March 2008
    Razahyder wrote: »
    this episode received the second best review

ah, welcome captain obvious, to our house of fun!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.