Naming of Epi 204...

YitYit
edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Can someone explain how it has to do with time travel? I was expecting an Ancient Roman episode, which would be even better, because I'm in Latin!

Comments

• RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    You're in an old forgotten language? How does that feel? I bet it feels testament-y

- R
  • YitYit
    edited March 2008
    Latin's pretty cool. I wish there were some good references in this episode, but I still don't understand the title of episode 204. Anyone? Emily? Jake?
  • edited March 2008
    It's a reference to Chariots of The Gods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_the_Gods
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    DOG IS MY CO-PILOT.

(bumper sticker)
  • edited March 2008
    No sam drawn chariots with max in them in this episode *sigh*. I guess that undoes all of my speculation about the naming.
  • edited March 2008
    I admit, I was hoping for dyslexic canine alien overlords. But, one can't have everything.
  • edited March 2008
    the title has some flaws indeed. it is a reference to "chariots of the gods", which is a book and i think a tv documentary about aliens/ufos and their influence on human culture.
    so, it had a ufo, in this case a flying sombrero, and you could call the three mexicans aliens...at least from an american point of view.
    now, where are the dogs? the only dog is sam and the fact that there are two instances of him on the ship doesn't make him several persons
  • edited March 2008
    I think the
    dogs
    part was simply there for parody reasons. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • edited March 2008
    ...but the it wouldn't fit with the previous titles, since the parody part of the title was referring to actual characters in these episodes: 201 had santa, 202 featured moai and the dead in 203 were indeed raving, at least a few of them.
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ...but the it wouldn't fit with the previous titles, since the parody part of the title was referring to actual characters in these episodes: 201 had santa, 202 featured moai and the dead in 203 were indeed raving, at least a few of them.

Little Sam, Old Sam, Last year's Sam, and Sam are dogs.

Or evil bears.

I thought the title was because the episode connected seemingly random stuff from previous episodes into one big conspiracy.
  • edited March 2008
    they should do one in spanish
  • edited March 2008
    wonder if their are aliens in area 51
  • edited March 2008
    Razahyder wrote: »
    wonder if their are aliens in area 51

is that really relevant?
  • edited March 2008
    btw. the original title of "Chariots of the Gods" is "Erinnerungen an die Zukunkt" which means "Memories of the future"
    Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic

Is Erich von Däniken well known in America?
  • edited March 2008
    Who? :)

Seriously tho, I don't know who he is, but based on context I'd say he's the author of Chariots of the Gods aka Erinnerungen an die Zukunkt
  • edited March 2008
    it sounds like he's germen or he's a ghost writer
  • edited March 2008
    He is from Szwitzerland
    and he is known for all his theorys about aliens, that have already been on earth.
    According to him the the Egyptians did have contact with aliens, which is why they had such an advanced culture and architectur.
    Allegedly there are hints to Ufos in egyptians paintings.
  • edited March 2008
    the eygiptians were aliens!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.