Humble Weekly Bundle, No Launch, No Error

edited June 2013 in Game Support
Hello All,

I have already searched these forums (to the best of my noobish ability) and have been unable to find an answer.

I purchased the telltale bundle and have been really excited to start playing these games. I have always heard amazing things about them. I got the steam keys and redeemed them. All of the titles downloaded.

I attempted to play the Walking Dead, I click on play and it ran through the normal Direct X config, but then nothing happened. I figure it just needs to be launched again. So I click play. I get the windows spinning circle for 3 to 4 seconds then it goes away. No splash screen appears no game launches and nothing even appears in my Processes in Task Manager.

So I Restarted my PC thinking this would help. Nothing. So I uninstalled all the games and re downloaded them. Still no luck. On every title. Wallace and Grommet, Walking Dead, Sam and Max.... I click play, and nothing happens. No Process, nothing in event log. just dead space..

I looked in the forums and have tried unplugging all non-essential USB items but nadda.. I am totally bummed and really want to check these games out. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed!

Thank you for your help in advance!

----edit

I'm on Windows 8, installing games on my E: drive (Steam Library)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Please post your dxdiag info.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V.
    Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.
  • edited June 2013
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Please post your dxdiag info.

dxdiag

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Thanks DnNDB,

I will get this information for you as soon as I get to my home computer tonight.
  • edited June 2013

System Information

-REMOVED BY POSTER-
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    SirNeiko wrote: »
    Problem signature:

P1: WalkingDead101.exe

P2: 2013.1.28.20592

P3: 5106da1f

P4: DINPUT8.dll

Strange, unplugging all gamepads/joysticks should have worked for that error.

I suggest trying the dinput8.dll workaround.
  • edited June 2013
    I saw this link yesterday when searching the forums but wasn't sure if it would work for me. I will give it a shot and try again.

My fear is that it is my headset that may be causing the issue. I have a Logitech G930 USB headset and a Logitech G510 keyboard. So if those are causing the problem then I couldn't play anyway b/c I wouldn't have a mouse and keyboard. LOL.

I will try the fix you suggested and give it a shot! Thanks for your help!
  • edited June 2013
    Well I am impressed! I copied the .dll into the steamapps\common\The Walking Dead folder and it worked like a charm. I am stupefied. haha. Seems like a pretty easy fix for Tell Tale to incorporate into their installer to prevent frustrating situations like this in the future for others.

Thank you DjNDB You Rock!
This discussion has been closed.