Sam & Max 203, Graphical Glitches

edited March 2008 in Game Support
Hi there!
I've been playing Night of the Raving Dead quite a long time now, and it worked just fine. I had some trouble with my Computer's Hardware, especially my graphics card. I got it repaired, my system's working.

But since then, I can't get 203 to run. Whenever I start it, my screen starts to flicker, switching between a black box and my desktop. And I can't do anything else, unless I close the game (which is hard, because it even flickers while opening the task-manager) I changed my drivers a few times, with the same result. 204 runs fine though.

Running on Vista 64bit with 2x 8800GTS

€:
Now I get a white screen, even though I deleted the prefs.prob...

€2:
It works in Windowed Mode...

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Hey Ness, if you can get the game to work in windowed mode, try lowering the resolution of the game to something really tiny, like 800x600 and then try switching to full screen. If that works, try slowly working up your resolution until you find the upper limit. If it doesn't work, let me know.
  • edited March 2008
    Sorry for the late answer but: No, it does not work, even in 640x480...If i switch to fullscreen I see a white shape in the size of the window, and my desktop. If I leave the white area, I can see my cursor again.

With 204 the same now...
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, definitely odd. I'm guessing it has something to do with either DirectX or your display drivers. Have you tried updating them since the computer got fixed?
  • edited March 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Hmm, definitely odd. I'm guessing it has something to do with either DirectX or your display drivers. Have you tried updating them since the computer got fixed?

Like I said, tried several drivers already...was my first guess this might fix it...
  • edited March 2008
    Maybe the 203 settings are stuck in a wrong setting? Not sure how to really reset those (i.e. 'save mode') without loosing your savegames.
    edited March 2008
    Oh bother, that's what I get for skimming the post to refresh my memory. Ok, so lets try turning it on low quality graphics to see if that works (non-ideal of course, but it should tell us something.

Another thing you can try is running the game in compatibility mode.
  • edited March 2008
    To both:
    Nope, nothing changes...
    edited March 2008
    To quote Seg from another thread: We've reached the point where getting a snapshot of your system would be helpful. There's a program with Windows called System Information that will give us all the information about your computer that can help us troubleshoot the problem. Follow the steps below and we can get a better picture of your computer.

Creating and Sending a System Information File:

1) Click on "Start" -> "Run..."
    2) Type in the following: msinfo32
    3) Click "OK". This will launch the System Information program.
    4) Click on "File" -> "Save..."
    5) Save this file with your name to your desktop or other folder you can access later.
    6) Close the "System Information" program.
    7) Attach this system information file to this e-mail address:

warmstrong@telltalegames.com
  • edited March 2008
    I don't know WHAT I did (from my point of view I did NOTHING), but it now works flawlessly...Thx anyway, guys!
    edited March 2008
    .... huzzah! Working with computers is always an adventure. Anyway, glad it worked!
This discussion has been closed.