Just finished episode 204

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Took me about 5 hours with no outside help. This was probably the best episode so far. The humour was excellent and the puzzles were somewhat hard near the end (though really easy until meeting the Mariachis).

...I really really hate you for the cliffhanger, though.

Comments

• edited March 2008
    the cliff hanger is actualy alot better then just rescuing Bosco and leaving
  • edited March 2008
    It is. Until you realise we have to wait a few more fucking months to get the conclusion.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    It is. Until you realise we have to wait a few more fucking months to get the conclusion.

except by that you mean... only 27 days from now.
  • edited March 2008
    Really? Awesome.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    well, yeah. Episode 5 comes out April 11th.
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    Is it just me, or should Max start to randomly swear all the time?
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Tiny Timmy already has the market cornered on random swearing.
  • edited March 2008
    Raz wrote: »
    Is it just me, or should Max start to randomly swear all the time?
    Randomly swearing strikes me as out of character for Max. It makes him seem less psychotic and more of an angry... hmm, I can't think of a good word that goes here. Nevertheless, it doesn't work.
  • edited March 2008
    yeh, such a cliffhanger.... you are EVIL....lol, AH well best to leave it on a cliffhanger I suppose. Just rescuing bosco and leaving would of been a bit lame.

There should be a episode 5 trailer in about 2 weeks right? if there is nothign should be shown which could reveal the outcome.
  • edited March 2008
    I think its pretty clear that you go to hell, and escape by flying away in the sleigh from 201. Not much more could be revealed in the trailer than the things we already know.
  • edited March 2008
    yeh but all we know is that sometime in the future sam and max get trapped, on a rock surrounded by lava and fly away but thats not to say it happens in this season. And also it might not even be hell.
  • edited March 2008
    Masta23 wrote: »
    yeh but all we know is that sometime in the future sam and max get trapped, on a rock surrounded by lava and fly away but thats not to say it happens in this season. And also it might not even be hell.

That's a point. I believe the lava rock scene is in a volcano, at least. Remember Max saying to Sam, "I'm glad you're with me Sam, here at the end of all things."? Straight from the Lord of the Rings and takes place on Mount Doom -- a volcano.
  • edited March 2008
    Although nothing explicitly says that 205 is in Hell, there's enough hints in that direction

-
    Grandpa Stinky has a contract with the devil on the wall
    -
    In the Sep 2008 office, there's a sketch on the bulletin board of Max defeating a devil-like creature
    -
    Max's line "If this doesn't work, I'll see you in hell!"
    -
    The lines in the Mariachi's song about their new boss and the contract for souls

So we're probably going down there. I guess we might find Santa again? Maybe he's become Satan?
    BTW, that Mariachi song was awesome, but I had to go through it three times - the first time, my music settings were turned down (lower than voice) so I couldnt' hear it properly, the second time I forgot to switch on subtitles, and finally I saw and heard the whole thing. Glad I saved the game just prior to Bosco's return to normality (and the big cut scene), and very glad I finally turned subtitles on.... my understanding of Spanish is virtually non-existent, so being able to read what they were singing helped immensely to get the gist of the song's meaning. Quite a lot of plot points in that song!
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    Donde esta el banjo?

Si si, dos elefantes!

... ?

Also, in 201 the demon infested santa gets sent to satan, and wasn't the volcano bermuda triangle from 202 sending lava into hell?

I'm pretty sure 205 has something to do with hell ... :)

Zombies in 203? Theres gotta be a reason there were undead in this... :D
  • edited March 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Randomly swearing strikes me as out of character for Max. It makes him seem less psychotic and more of an angry... hmm, I can't think of a good word that goes here. Nevertheless, it doesn't work.

Lagomorph? Rabbity thing?
  • edited March 2008
    Did anyone else notice the skull and candle in the September office? I'm guessing that would have been another take-home
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Although nothing explicitly says that 205 is in Hell, there's enough hints in that direction

-
    Grandpa Stinky has a contract with the devil on the wall
    -
    In the Sep 2008 office, there's a sketch on the bulletin board of Max defeating a devil-like creature
    -
    Max's line "If this doesn't work, I'll see you in hell!"
    -
    The lines in the Mariachi's song about their new boss and the contract for souls

Maybe it's time
    to see ourselves saving ourselves
    ?
  • edited March 2008
    Anywhooooooo,

Isn't Santa a anagram of Satan?
  • edited March 2008
    I think it is not a cliffhanger at all... Max says: 'See in hell', Santa is in Hell, in ep.1 we see our heroes in a isle around lava and just before jumping on the portal you can hear demonic voices...

Now, where did S&M go?
    1- Italy
    2- Moon
    3- Hell
  • edited March 2008
    4 - Detroit

Actually that would be the same thing as #3.
  • edited March 2008
    For once, people will be glad the Soda Poppers aren't dead. :p
  • edited March 2008
    And I forgot. The spaceship was equipped with a soul crasher device, the portal was used to send crashed souls somewhere... Where?

Well, I admit it' Detroit is also a good answer.

Oh dear, Harald B. Do not give telltale ideas like that.
  • edited March 2008
    Maybe it's Ensenada :)
  • edited March 2008
    It's not hell. It's someplace far worse. Someplace known only as...
    The Tubbytronic Superdome.
  • edited March 2008
    We KNOW where the souls are sent - Lower Manitoba.
  • edited March 2008
    And from there, to Santa?
  • edited March 2008
    We KNOW where the souls are sent - Lower Manitoba.
    the question is how low...
  • edited March 2008
    Well this might be the most interesting cliffhanger of all time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.