204 bugs >spoilers<

edited April 2008 in Game Support
well, I only noticed 1 so far, so plz help me if you find more:

when you go back to stinky's at the 80's, and you enter the elevator, the door window in the background shows the 2008 street, with the robot from 201 and the broken road! XD

/edit/
found another one:
if you get the captain out of the ship and ask the computer to print a card, you get an empty one, and sam takes it, but it's not in your inventory. you can only get it to your inventory after you show the old pedro his death.

good thing I tried asking the computer for another card after that. ^^

Comments

• edited March 2008
    I didn't try to reproduce it, but I found one in the oval office.
    If you keep changing date and speak with Superball just after the moving system can crash and Sam won't move anymore.
  • edited March 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    I didn't try to reproduce it, but I found one in the oval office.
    If you keep changing date and speak with Superball just after the moving system can crash and Sam won't move anymore.

I had that as well, usually when you change it to one of the dates with writing on it. (Labor Day, etc.)
  • edited March 2008
    I had the same problem. I just saved it, exited out, started it back up again, and it was fine.
  • edited March 2008
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    found another one:
    if you get the captain out of the ship and ask the computer to print a card, you get an empty one, and sam takes it, but it's not in your inventory. you can only get it to your inventory after you show the old pedro his death.
    ^^

That's not a bug.
    You can't get the blank card until you take the ribbon out of the printer and you can't do that until you tell Pedro about his death and he declares that he no longer cares about the printer.
  • edited March 2008
    wjousts wrote: »
    That's not a bug.
    You can't get the blank card until you take the ribbon out of the printer and you can't do that until you tell Pedro about his death and he declares that he no longer cares about the printer.
    I posted this in another topic as well, but it'll probably get more attention here:
    You can't get a blank card when the ink ribbon is still there, but... when I removed the ink ribbon, the computer still happily printed the Embarrassing Idol card.
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    I posted this in another topic as well, but it'll probably get more attention here:
    You can't get a blank card when the ink ribbon is still there, but... when I removed the ink ribbon, the computer still happily printed the Embarrassing Idol card.
    "Happily printed?"
    Aren't you forced to have it set to abusive at that point?
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »

Now that would appear to be a bug, or at least a continuity screw up.
    If you can get the ink cartridge out before you first try printing the embarrassing idol card and still get the embarrassing idol card.
    Of course, the alternative would be that you get stuck unable to finish the game!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Surely the printer had that one queued up in the feeder just before you removed the ink cartridge. Yeah, that's it.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Did anyone actually manage to remove the ink cartridge before showing Pedro his obituary? I think he's supposed to say "Don't touch that" until after you've shown him the obituary and he decides he's through with the printer.

If you ask the computer to print a time card before you remove the ink and after it has already printed out the Embarrassing Idol card, Sam takes it and says something about how it's another card for Embarrassing Idol and he doesn't need it (which is why it's not then in your inventory).
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    If you ask the computer to print a time card before you remove the ink and after it has already printed out the Embarrassing Idol card, Sam takes it and says something about how it's another card for Embarrassing Idol and he doesn't need it (which is why it's not then in your inventory).

ya, but sam still takes a blank card from the computer and insert it into his coat, even before you remove the ink from the printer.
    it's just not in the inventory untill you do it again after you remove the ink.
  • edited March 2008
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    ya, but sam still takes a blank card from the computer and insert it into his coat, even before you remove the ink from the printer.

But surely you can't print a blank card before you remove the ink cartridge, that how the card ends up...you know...blank!
    (Note: I haven't gone back and tried any of these variations!)
  • edited March 2008
    At some point, I tried to get a sample of the wine in the 60's version of Bosco's. Just paraphrasing but Sam said something like "Nah, don't need that. Besides, the bottle is corked." while the camera showed a closeup of the bottle WITHOUT a cork.
  • edited March 2008
    CB007 wrote: »
    At some point, I tried to get a sample of the wine in the 60's version of Bosco's. Just paraphrasing but Sam said something like "Nah, don't need that. Besides, the bottle is corked." while the camera showed a closeup of the bottle WITHOUT a cork.

I posted a thread about that here.
  • edited March 2008
    Embarrising idol sounds like a parody of american idol
  • edited April 2008
    i found a few other 204 bugs, first... click on the north pole after using the modified carbon dater on superball (sam will get the carbon dater stuck to the pole instead of his gun) pic below

its not gameplay hindering or anything, just funny... pull out his gun again (you dont even have to click anything) and that will fix it

also, in the conversation with superball in your office i had an odd dialogue glitch, the camera was jammed in the one position facing sam and max's back after i asked the time traveling question twice in a row (it unjammed after i asked another question, but it was weird)

fmq3gn.jpg
This discussion has been closed.