Weird save stuff

edited June 2013 in Game Support
Hey guys,

First up, sorry for what seems like your 100th post on save issues, but this is really bugging me.

My story starts off like a typical episode 2 saves not transferring one- namely, the game remembers incorrectly that I saved Carley. Being part of the only 25% who saved Doug, I thought that you guys went and put the choice that most people made in, and I didn't realise this issue existed until halfway through episode 2. Now, I'm fine with the whole Doug/Carley thing, but I'm concerned about other smaller, less noticeable dialogue stuff that might not have transferred over.
Anyway, playing through episode 2, my save slot showed that I was up to episode 1, which struck me as weird, but I never thought about it. I'm now halfway through ep3, and it still says I'm on ep1, although Ii completed both ep 1 and 2. Furthermore, while ep1 has the 'stats' (funnilly enough the stats here say that I saved Doug) and 'rewind options', episode 2 doesn't D:

I have never been prompted with 'randomized choices'. I've heard of the prefs.prop stuff, but I'm not sure how it works and how it will affect me halfway through an ep.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for any help.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure if your savegame can be recovered in a consistent way, since you continued playing after the problems occurred. Let's look at the data first.

Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" or "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry for the late reply!
    I've attached it, thanks :D
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The archive you attached contains an empty file. Something must have gone wrong while running the support tool.
    Please try again, and follow the instructions precisely.
  • edited June 2013
    I ran the tool once more, following the instructions and it turned up with an empty data.txt again. I've attached a screenshot of the batch file, as it doesn't look right.
    Thanks again.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The screenshot is to small to read anything. I can tell there are error messages, but i can't identify them.
    Please post one in original size.

Also, what Windows version do you have?
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry for all the trouble...
    I'm on Windows 7, but I just turn off all the aero effects because I find them annoying D:
    I've reuploaded the image on imgur too: http://imgur.com/cTJgw3T

p.s. I own the game on steam and all that: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042385071/
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The error messages indicate a problem with your PATH environment variable.

Please try running this version of the support tool.. It works around the issue, and if it works, we should fix your PATH.
  • edited June 2013
    I think it worked this time...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2013
    please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it, and see if it changed anything.
  • edited June 2013
    I did as you instructed, and it seems like it worked- my save slot says I'm up to ep3, and 'stats' is now available for episode 2 (all the choices are correct), although they don't seem to be for episode 1, so I can't check if it actually worked. I'm also past the Doug/Carley death in the current episode,, so I can't check that way.
    Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.