Game is broken

In I have been cheated out of several straights, 4 of a kinds, Two Pairs, etc...this game blatantly will not register when you get a winning hand OFTEN.

This is the second telltale game that on release has game breaking bugs. I am Quite frustrated with the quality of the games I have purchased from your company so far.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I have the game and it isnt broken maybe you just dont know how to play poker :/
  • edited June 2013
    The first thing I'll ask is if you're playing Omaha rules, because if you are, that's your problem.

If you're NOT, then the second thing is to ask you to get some proof. Take a screenshot of what you say is a winning hand and post it here so we can tell if it really is a winning hand or not.

If you can do that for us, then we'll have enough information to (hopefully) solve the problem.

Oh, and Tomi021 - Please don't say stuff like that. Comments like that are entirely unhelpful and, whether you mean to or not, only frustrate the person with the problem.
  • edited June 2013
    If you're NOT, then the second thing is to ask you to get some proof. Take a screenshot of what you say is a winning hand and post it here so we can tell if it really is a winning hand or not.

You should be able to take advantage of Steam's in-game overlay to take screenshots.
  • edited June 2013
    The game not registering a winning hand is the least of its problems... worst $10 that I've ever spent on a downloadable game.
  • edited June 2013
    xbskid wrote: »
    You should be able to take advantage of Steam's in-game overlay to take screenshots.
    Indeed.

If you don't know how this works, just hit F12 during a Steam game to take a snapshot, then when you quit the game, a little window will pop up showing all the shots you've taken and letting you select which ones you want to add to your Steam page.

Once you've done that, post a link to the screenshots showing the situation you described (a winning hand not actually being registered as such) and we'll look into it.

TL;DR - Hit F12 when playing to take a screenshot.

And N3gativeCr33p - thanks for sharing, that was very insightful.
  • edited June 2013
    The first thing I'll ask is if you're playing Omaha rules, because if you are, that's your problem.

If you can do that for us, then we'll have enough information to (hopefully) solve the problem.

Oh, and Tomi021 - Please don't say stuff like that. Comments like that are entirely unhelpful and, whether you mean to or not, only frustrate the person with the problem.
    Sorry Darth wont hapen again :o
  • edited June 2013
    5YdUll1.jpg?1

I dont care if this hand would have not won me anything, but i've had this happen when I was dealt 3 Aces and an ace was played. The game gave me "A Pair" and I lost after going all in...needless to say this is complete garbage.

It happens often in Texas Holdem as well. I've gotten dealt a pair to have it turn into a full House and it will only count it as a "Pair" or "Three of a Kind," while the AI will have a Full House.
  • edited June 2013
    Not 5 second later, Boom, game cheats again.
    *Edit*
    So not a Royal Flush, but it IS a straight. And the game is saying it's "Ace High"
    1doJRgZ.jpg?1?7006
  • edited June 2013
    In Omaha, your hand is the best two hole cards and the best three community cards. From what I'm seeing, the game is correctly evaluating your hands.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Poker Night 2 offers two different styles of poker. It looks like you're playing Omaha right now. In that kind of game you must use exactly 2 of your 4 hole cards (i.e. the ones no one else can see), and exactly 3 of the community cards (i.e. the ones on the table).

You might prefer to play Texas Hold 'Em instead, where you have only 2 hole cards and just make the best hand of 5 that you can (no rules about how many hole cards and how many community cards you have to use to make your 5-card hand).
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah...you basically do not understand Omaha. Stick to Texas, it's easier to keep track of what you have.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Can we sticky a thread telling people the rules to Omaha? These things keep popping up.
  • edited June 2013
    I could have sworn we had one at some point. But hey, if one of the team wants it, then it shall be so.

EDIT: So it was spoken, and so it shall be.
  • edited June 2013
    man that's the worst feeling ever...the first time this happened I went all in on what i thought was "4 of a kind" with 4 kings dealt to me and it gave me "a pair."

Needless to say I was extremely pissed.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: So it was spoken, and so it shall be.
    Thanks!
  • edited July 2013
    Also, even if Omaha were Texas hold'em with two extra cards, that second screenshot would have been a straight, not a royal flush.
  • edited July 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    Also, even if Omaha were Texas hold'em with two extra cards, that second screenshot would have been a straight, not a royal flush.

How? It's not as simple as saying Ohama is Texas hold'em with two extra cards because out of the four cards in a hand only two can be used along with three community cards. No more no less. That second screen shot shows the best hand available with the cards and the rules in play.
  • edited July 2013
    How? It's not as simple as saying Ohama is Texas hold'em with two extra cards because out of the four cards in a hand only two can be used along with three community cards. No more no less. That second screen shot shows the best hand available with the cards and the rules in play.

That's not what he was saying. Trust me, he knows how to play Omaha.

What he was saying that IF the game was played like so, then it would still only be a straight, instead of a royal flush as the original poster thought.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.