Crash in every Sam & Max episode

edited March 2008 in Game Support
First of all, English is not my mother tongue, and probably I´ll make some mistakes, but I think you´ll be able to understand me. :D

Well, I´ve got the Telltale version of "Sam & Max: Season One". I installed it without problems, but when I start an episode I see the Telltale Games logo and a white/black screen for one or two seconds just after the logo. Then it crashes to the desktop without any errors.

I have tried to remove the "prefs.prop" file, I updated my graphics card drivers and I even tried to download a NO-CD patch (I thought that to have Daemon Tools installed could made the game crash).

Obviously nothing worked.

Before you ask, my PC meets all the requirements.

P.D: Sorry for my english.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Have you tried updating your DirectX and graphics drivers?
  • edited March 2008
    I have updated Directx. Didn´t work.
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm, try downloading the free version of 104. See if it is giving you the same errors.
  • edited March 2008
    Didn´t work... :(
    edited March 2008
    Ok, well I think I'm going to need to see your computer specs. Maybe it will give me some kind of hint.
  • edited March 2008
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+
    2GB RAM
    ATI Sapphire Ultimate X1950PRO
    Windows XP Professional

By the way, thanks for answering. :)
    edited March 2008
    Also, just to be sure I am understanding everything, you double click on the icon, the game wrapper comes up, you hit play, the game starts, you see the telltale logo, and then the game crashes. Correct?
  • edited March 2008
    No, I double click on the icon, I see a "Telltale Logo", and after that only a white screen (some times black) for a second and then crashes.

The game crashes before I can see the menu or play.
    edited March 2008
    Ok, so someone in a different thread had a similar problem and solved it by downloading Omega's version of the Radeon drivers.

Just to be clear, these are third party drivers, so if you don't want to use them I completely understand. Nevertheless, they have a decent reputation among gamers.
  • edited March 2008
    The truth is that those drivers solved some problems that I had with other games in the past.

I´m going to try them. :)

EDIT: Unfortunately, didn´t help much. :(
    edited March 2008
    Ok, let's try another path. Let's assume that the No-CD hack didn't do everything it was supposed to and uninstall daemon tools.
  • edited March 2008
    I uninstalled it, but it didn´t solve the problem.

I haven´t got any other similar program installed.
  • SegSeg
    edited March 2008
    We've reached the point where getting a snapshot of your system would be helpful. There's a program with Windows called System Information that will give us all the information about your computer that can help us troubleshoot the problem. Follow the steps below and we can get a better picture of your computer.

Creating and Sending a System Information File:

1) Click on "Start" -> "Run..."
    2) Type in the following: msinfo32
    3) Click "OK". This will launch the System Information program.
    4) Click on "File" -> "Save..."
    5) Save this file with your name to your desktop or other folder you can access later.
    6) Close the "System Information" program.
    7) Attach this system information file to this e-mail address:

warmstrong@telltalegames.com

Normally we give the support e-mail, but since our support system can't take attachments, I'm giving you Will's e-mail.
This discussion has been closed.