Nice Reference to hit the road

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
I liked the reference to the human Enigma (can't spell this) the weird tap head person XD I renember him in hit the road :p

Comments

• edited March 2008
    That poster has been on Sam and Max's bulletin board since 101 :)

204 has another HtR reference, if I remember correctly:
    Future senile Sam says "Pocket lint! That might come in handy" or something like that. Even if that isn't a HtR reference, it was still hilarious.
  • edited March 2008
    Also he says
    I can't combine those items!
    or something like that.
  • edited March 2008
    the human enigma was also in one of the comics, wasn't he?
  • edited March 2008
    The bent parking meter in season one.

The mention of the volcano god in the Philippines in ep202. (reference to "Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple")

there's lotsa more, right?
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Future senile Sam says "Pocket lint! That might come in handy" or something like that. Even if that isn't a HtR reference, it was still hilarious.

That item is a reference to some other game... Was it one of the Leisure Suit Larry games that had that as a red herring item?
  • edited March 2008

Hehe im slow. I prefere past sam
    sam: that can't be made radioactive XD
    So funny and random
  • edited March 2008

Actually I'm fairly certain that relates to the Hitchhikers game, where you need a few different types of lint.
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Also he says
    I can't combine those items!
    or something like that.

He Said I CAN'T USE THESE ITEMS TOGETHER
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    By "items" you mean "things," I think. "I can't use these things together."
  • edited March 2008
    items and things....
    veeeeery different :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    Its a shame senile Sam didn't do the whole "I can't pick that up" sequence from HtR.

While talking about Sam and Past Sam, where do his quotes come from, especially the one about
    the egyptian mummy

Also, there is a problem with the games logic with
    the whole annoying idol sequence, as they would be trapped forever without the recording contract wouldn't they in the past, as no recording contract - no Myra show, and Past Sam and Max have the contract.
  • edited March 2008
    What, no mention of Bosco's having an abundance of Guns, Ammo, and Baby Needs?
  • edited March 2008
    What, no mention of Bosco's having an abundance of Guns, Ammo, and Baby Needs?

Aye, I noticed that in 204, as well as the robot disaster in 201 that re-arranged the block so that it more closely resembled Hit the Road (removal of the Esperanto book store location, pushing Bosco's next to the office, the car parking behind Bosco's, etc.)
  • edited March 2008
    there's anouther refrence to Hit the Road,
    in 203 when Sam is unscrewing the
    sunlamp bulb Max says did you just get deja vu? this has something to do with sam unscrewing a light bulb from there office closet
    anouther one in 105 when Sam & Max turn 2D Max says this is oddly familiar mostly because they were in 2D in hit the road
  • edited March 2008
    And yet another one when you click on the periscope and Sam makes a comment about a pigeon AA meeting being held on the roof of Bosco's store. In HtR, there were pigeons roosting on Bosco's and drinking booze.
  • edited March 2008
    I think most of Senile-Sam's quotes were just parodies of Adventure games in general rather than HtR specifically. "I can't use those [items/things] together" in particular is pretty much the catchphrase of the genre.
  • edited March 2008
    by the way I loved the many references to other video games :

202 : Duke Nukem on the crate.
    203 : "Sub Zero" sound from the Mortal Kombat movie remix on the DJ table.

I've found those two, but may have miss others...
  • edited March 2008
    Almost all of 105 was references to one video game or another.

In 204, Bluster Blaster has a classic 80's arcade game on it.
  • edited April 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    Actually I'm fairly certain that relates to the Hitchhikers game, where you need a few different types of lint.

It's both.. Hitchhiker's had the lint originally and Leisure Suit Larry 1 had the useless inventory object as a nod to Hitchhikers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.