A closer look at Stinky

edited April 2009 in Sam & Max
There's something very interesting about that tattoo on Stinky's arm. Look closely:
15fip8w.jpg
Those are norse Futhark runes. Now what do you suppose they spell out when you transliterate them? Exactly.

Comments

• edited March 2008
    eatang?

I don't get it :(
  • edited March 2008
    Satan[g]
    , fool!
  • edited March 2008
    *Sam walks in*

SATAAAAAAAANGGGGG....

*Max giggles*

Also, nice find!
  • edited March 2008
    As far as that g goes, methinks the reason is in the etymology. What with the god Ing being a cooler note to end on than "need/hardship".
  • edited March 2008
    oh... the 's' and 'e' are similar :(

coincidentally satang is a popular drink in hell
  • edited March 2008
    Well, makes sense if you see that the Devil apparently liked the place. A regular customer!

edit: nice find though
  • edited March 2008
    Sounds like Old Stinky fell in love with Satan (who also happens to be young Stinky) and got a Tattoo as a sign of pation. (young) Stinky then tricked him into signing a contract which gave her permission to OWN HIS SOUL!!!! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Also, Fantabulous Find!! :)
  • edited March 2008
    Haha, when I first read the spoilered translation, I thought it said Banang. That'd be great.

It's interesting that the picture that accompanies it looks like a fish.
  • edited March 2008
    Also, I would like to note that the creature above the runes appears to be some sort of fish (it's surrounded by waves, at least). And young Stinky has a very fishy costume.
  • edited March 2008
    hmm...well, a "Tang" is also a species of fish (Regal Blue, Yellow). And the fish in his tattoo looks pretty...well...monstrous, so...maybe, another way of calling it a 'Devil Fish'? Satang? :D

...eh, sounds farfetched, I know. It was just a suggestion. ^^;
  • edited March 2008
    Wait... Evil fish? Mr. Spatula!
  • edited March 2008
    he was probably a minon of the greater evil fish and the biggest evil fishrelated creature i can think of at the moment is
    stinky, the young one. she can't be old stinky's granddaughter, since he doesn't even have children in the 80s...and getting children and an grownup grandchild in under 30 years is ranging from gross to impossible. so she is either the devil that took over the diner after she got old stinky's soul or something completely different.
  • edited March 2008
    Note that (female) Stinky's hair is of the same colour scheme as that fish.
  • edited March 2008
    Due to the fact that no Telltale staff are posting here I think some if not all of the comments here are correct!;)
  • edited March 2008
    isn't mikew telltale staff?
  • edited March 2008
    It doesn't say he is.
  • edited March 2008
    Hi name's in italics :)

(Mike is our other web developer)
  • edited March 2008
    which means, he is posting here to confuse us and got the job i wanted.
  • edited March 2008
    There, I added sweet icons to ease confusion :)
  • edited March 2008
    i meant the other confusion...about the threads topic. nice idea with the icons though...no more hiding for telltale employees.
  • edited March 2008
    nice find!
    It's little hints like that, (which I never notice) that make a good series!!
    I guess Sam and Max are really about to got to Hell in the next Episode!
  • edited April 2009
    Sorry for the massive necrothreading but when replaying it in 1680x1050 the other day (new video card, yay!) I noticed this little detail:
    4lsj1w.png
    A "Relinquish Thy Soul Contract"... sounds like the "another satisfied customer" comment actually refers to Stinky. That would explain why he went to Hell after his death. Now the question becomes what the deal consisted of. I suspect the Cake of the Damned is involved, and that we'll find out more next season.
  • edited April 2009
    A other wierd thing. If you scan Superball with the carbon dater in Abe Lincoln must die. It says that he's 41 years old. Season one is in 2007 and Season two is in 2008 so he is 42 now.
    now look
    2008-42=1966
    So Superball wasn't even born yet when Sam and Max came to the oval office. Strange, isn't it
Sign in to comment in this discussion.