sam & max 204, possible glitch

edited April 2008 in Game Support
When i was playing sam & max 204 there was a glitch and it suddenly minimized to the desktop. After that glitch i can not see any of my wallpapers or thumbnails. I think that somehow the game caused it to do this, because none of my other games did this and this glitch occurred when i was playing this game. I have already tried disk cleanup, deleting the iconcache file, reinstalling the video card drivers, and sfc. For more info, I have vista and 2 8600gts graphic cards. Does anyone know what the problem may be and how can i fix it?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Not sure how the game minimizing could have done that. I haven't seen or heard of that ever happening before either. So you can't see any of your desktop icons and your wallpaper doesn't show up? What is on your background?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Are you still unable to see everything or did that aspect get fixed? And is the game consistently doing this? If so, is it usually in one place?
  • edited March 2008
    Not sure how the game minimizing could have done that. I haven't seen or heard of that ever happening before either. So you can't see any of your desktop icons and your wallpaper doesn't show up? What is on your background?

It is not the desktop icons that disappear, but any images that are set as thumbnail in windows explorer disappeared. I attached some pictures as examples of what is happening. The only thing that shows in the background is a solid color. I try to change it to a different wallpaper but the solid color still stays. The only way i could change it is if i select a wallpaper directly from the internet, without downloading it.

It seems like the glitch occurs randomly, but when it does occur it happens when they get off the elevator after the level loads.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    That's... definitely odd and a new one on us. I'm willing to bet good money that this has something to either do with your DirectX, but you could try to redownloading the game.
  • edited March 2008
    i tried redownloading the game but that did not work.
  • edited March 2008
    i posted in a hurry but the game does not minimize to the desktop no more, but the problems with the wallpapers and thumbnails still remains.
  • edited April 2008
    I do not know if this is any relevance to the current situation but when i try to delete a file or folder it shows the name and a black box in the confirmation page. There is an example on the bottom. I wanted to look at if it did the samething to the sam and max shortcut, executable file, and the uninstaller and found out that it kept its image in the confirmation page.
  • edited April 2008
    Huh...I can't believe that Sam & Max did this...maybe...some switch got hit? Some setting got changed by a fluke? Try asking Microsoft about this one.
This discussion has been closed.