Not recognising saves

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Yes...another saves post

When I first finished episode 4 and moved on to episode 5, I stopped about halfway after the last save before Doug's death (jumping in to save Christie). When I went back to it the next day, it starts off on episode 4, as Lee find's Clementine's hat. This kept happening, even though I have save files from after I passed that part. I have since installed 500 days and played a bit, and every time I load it still starts at the end of episode 4. I initially thought it was because I live in Australia so my saves are in a different format to American dates (dd/mm/yyyy as opposed to mm/dd/yyyy) but even if that is the case, there are saves after that. The game says on my savefile that it was last saved 7/5/13 (7th May in Aus) but there are save files the next day that are 8/5/13 (8th May in Aus, but 5th Aug USA). Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and attach the resulting "support_data_pc.zip" or "support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.
  • edited July 2013
    This the one? Like I said if it makes a different I'm in Australia our date system is different but I just want confirmation before I mess anything up...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The date system doesn't matter.

Please rename the prefs.prop in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default
    to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.
  • edited July 2013
    oh my god thankyou so much!!!!
This discussion has been closed.