Savegames not recognized after reinstallation

edited July 2013 in Game Support
I originally uninstalled the game after I was done with it but kept the savegames. Reinstalled the game now for 400 Days but all my savegames are not recognized anymore, support data shows the savegames are there.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance guys, love you

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    07/10/2013 08:19 AM 8,168 prefs.prop
    It seems something corrupted your prefs.prop, which can happen if the game crashed at some point.

You can try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the prefs.prop in the savegame folder ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead ).
  • edited July 2013
    No previous versions available, sadly... is there no way to somehow load a savegame? I mean they are all there...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Warp Cow wrote: »
    No previous versions available, sadly... is there no way to somehow load a savegame? I mean they are all there...

There's no proper way, because some of the decisions are stored in the prefs.prop.
    It is possible to load a single .save file, but the game will be inconsistent. You will start were you left off, but you won't see the stats of the earlier episodes, be unable to rewind, and some decisions will be gone.
  • edited July 2013
    Great... so best way is to delete it all uninstall, wait for season two and then just do everything again, was not looking forward to that *sighs*. Really not a good savegame architecture. I really wonder why TTG makes awesome games on a crappy engine.

But hey, not your fault =) Thank you for helping.
This discussion has been closed.