Shipping Tax

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
if i bought something small(like surfin the highway :D )
How much would the taxes be to transport it to Iasi, Romania?
I'm to afraid and lazy to try the checkout myself(afraid it might be too late to cancel and that it might be $500)

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Just did it on the checkout and it came out as $9.95 shipping. :)
  • edited March 2008
    9,95 is shipping but how much is the romanian tax for importing sam and max
  • edited March 2008
    I've no idea on that I'm afraid. It doesn't say that in the store, and you'll have to look that up on some kind of government website (I guess).
  • edited March 2008
    That's up to Romania, I'm afraid :(
  • edited March 2008
    oh come on...you don't know import and tax laws from every single country? that's so lame...:rolleyes:

:D sorry, couldn't restrain myself..

anyway..i heard romania joined the eu or something so chances are good you will get the same 22€ free like most other countries. the standard edition sth shouldn't cost you extra or at least not that much. of course is is just an assumption not an actual proven fact...
  • edited March 2008
    I've had some very dodgy stories with UK import tax.

Normally most things I buy from abroad are either under the threshold, not eligible, or possibly just not picked up.
    When there is a charge, which I think for us is about the same rate as VAT (which would be around 17.5%). It's not exactly something to worry over.

The only worry you have is with a dodgy courier company. Some (e.g. UPS) will add an extra charge (typically I've found they charge you 100% of what the item is worth) and force you to pay it on your doorstep.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks a lot :D
    I really wanna buy Surfin the Highway new edition
Sign in to comment in this discussion.