TWD Save Game Issue + Failing to Start

edited July 2013 in Game Support
Hi, I'm having some serious issues with the new Walking Dead DLC and the game in general. I was able to successfully complete Season 1 last year and made sure to back up all my saves following the nightmare of save game issues I experienced then. Now all the issues are back and are worse than ever.

My save game files aren't recognized when I launch the app and after closing the launcher and trying to reopen nothing happens. I just get a 'working' mouse icon for a few seconds and then... nothing. The only way to remedy that seems to be uninstalling the application and reinstalling, but then it happens all over again as soon as I quit. I've tried using older prefs.prop files and none of them solve the issue.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Okay, it seems the non-start issue is fixed after replacing dinput8.dll so now I just need to figure out why my saves aren't being recognized anymore.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    07/10/2013 09:00 AM 8,076 prefs.prop
    The prefs.prop is very small, indicating that it's corrupted. Do you have a bigger one in your backup?
  • edited July 2013
    The one I initially start out with is 59 kb, but every time I launch the game it seems to be overwritten.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    That's very weird.

If you .zip and upload your original prefs.prop and *.save files i can take a look at them.
    Please upload it as a single .zip file to an instant filehoster and post the download link.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay, my mistake I was putting the wrong prefs.prop file in. I backed up my saves to multiple locations and just pasted in prefs.prop from an alternate and that one gets my save file recognized again. It's a completed Ep. 5 file, but now the problem is that Episode 5 and 400 days show as coming soon in the download section.
  • edited July 2013
    Here are the saves if they're still of any use:

TWDSaves.zip
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    zefiend wrote: »
    It's a completed Ep. 5 file, but now the problem is that Episode 5 and 400 days show as coming soon in the download section.

That should not happen, since you seem to have all the required patches.
    Not sure if it will help, but i would try deleting the SyncFs folder from the savegame folder, to make it download the patches again.
    The next start it will silently download the patches, so don't wonder if it takes a while to start.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    zefiend wrote: »
    Here are the saves if they're still of any use:

TWDSaves.zip

No need anymore, since you solved the prefs.prop issue.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay, I'll give that a shot and report back either way. Thanks for your help.
  • edited July 2013
    Deleting SyncFs did the trick, thank you very much for your help! :)
This discussion has been closed.