Odd slowdown/judders in Ice Station Santa

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Hi, I've just started playing season 2 and I'm getting some really distracting frame rate judders, my pc is massively overpowered for sam and max so its confusing me.

Theres no point in the game where i can get perfectly smooth vsync movement, dropping the resolution and quality down doesnt help a jot.

my specs are Intel Q6600 running at 3.6ghz with 4gb of ram and a heavily clocked up Nvidia 8800 GTX.

If anyone knows whats going on and how/if i can fix it i'd be chuffed as i've been a lifelong Sam and Max fan and hate to have technical glitches ruining it :)

Cheers

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Sadly, I'm afraid that is actually just a problem with 201 and there isn't much you can do about it. The problem pretty much fixed for 202 and onward, but that still bugs me to this day.
  • edited March 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Sadly, I'm afraid that is actually just a problem with 201 and there isn't much you can do about it. The problem pretty much fixed for 202 and onward, but that still bugs me to this day.

*comedy drum roll*
  • edited March 2008
    Got ya, oh well no worries, so long as it got fixed then i wont have a problem living with it for a few hours :)

The actual game itself is well up to scratch, season 2 is looking great so far.

Thanks for your efforts.

WD
  • edited March 2008
    I didn't got these glitches... perhaps its because of the overclocked graphic card, try putting down to the factory defaults and try again. (btw I don't really see the point of overclocking such a card, for normal playing with normal settings every game can be handled by this kind of cards...)
  • edited March 2008
    but you can get one or two extra fps that way...:rolleyes:

i think i had the same problem in 201. my machine is not that powerful, but still appropriate i guess. also, everything got terribly slow in the underwater cave in 202...but only if you walk to the left side of the area. is this just caused by the tremendous visual effects?
  • edited March 2008
    Defragment your hd... it may help a little.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    "Judders" tee hee.

"Judders" are a combination of jitters and stutters, I guess? Or, giant udders.
  • edited March 2008
    it could be the rear slot downstream signal framistat regurgitator chip...

(or it could be that you need to mess with the settings on your graphic card itself) personally i use a freakish hybrid of the game settings and my own settings via my cards, and i do know that a few of the filters that are on by default can bring by 1gb video bridge to a grinding hault

(for example several of the adaptive anti aliasing and smoothing filters go crazy on certain types layered textures and drop my card down to under 12 fps, like the topiary in 201, or the white house lawn plants in 104)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.