Sound format

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
I feel like making a windows sound theme for myself out of some of the wacky sounds found in S&M.
The two file extensions I have encountered are .vox, .aud and a huge .ttarch file. How can I open or convert these?

Some of the sounds I have thought of are banang, Max armpit fart, Max slapped out of the way. Trying to think of more.

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    There is a converter somewhere for Telltale's aud files.
    The Vox files are (some sort of) Speex sound files.
    The ttarch file is a compressed and encrypted file.
  • edited March 2008
    I know how to convert the AUD files easily. These mostly contain music and sound effects. The VOX files indeed use the Speex codec, but I've yet to figure out how to fiddle with it. The TTARCH file contains everything else, and is indeed compressed/encrypted, to a point. Exactly how it's compressed and/or encrypted, I am not sure... but one day I shall know! Even if it's pointless to know or try, someday I will!!
  • edited March 2008
    I know how to convert the AUD files easily. These mostly contain music and sound effects. The VOX files indeed use the Speex codec, but I've yet to figure out how to fiddle with it. The TTARCH file contains everything else, and is indeed compressed/encrypted, to a point. Exactly how it's compressed and/or encrypted, I am not sure... but one day I shall know! Even if it's pointless to know or try, someday I will!!

Yeah so all the .vox stuff I did last night... Just google for it... Make sure to include "telltale" in your search.(Not posting any links or references to the tool)
    I can PM the link by request.
    As for .aud, I got a couple converters but they don't support it... Its some other kind of .aud, so let me know how you did it... PM is prolly better.
    And I do have Max's armpit farts for the error dialogs now!
  • edited March 2008
    I googled Telltale music extractor and got it on the first result I think. That extracts every sound into Ogg format which is easily convertible into other formats such as wav and mp3.
  • edited March 2008
    I googled Telltale music extractor and got it on the first result I think. That extracts every sound into Ogg format which is easily convertible into other formats such as wav and mp3.

Mine is to .wav and .mp3.
  • edited March 2008
    Vorbis to mp3 is a bad idea. Do not do it. If it is .ogg just keep it as it is.

http://www.vorbis.com/faq/#transcode
  • edited March 2008
    Got the .aud files as well... Oh btw Stinky past music is incredible!!!
  • edited March 2008
    but remember to buy the soundtrack even if you have some extractor thingy or whatever...
  • edited March 2008
    Or just send Telltale a nice check and a gift basket! That's kinda what I did... I downloaded the first 3 eps illegally, then decided it was awesome enough to pay for, so I bought the episodes legally twice, to make up for my transgression. No, Telltale, you can keep the extra money!
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    but remember to buy the soundtrack even if you have some extractor thingy or whatever...

Yeah I want to, because there are environment effects applied to it, and it needs to be 10x higher bitrate.
    Right now it sounds just a little faded... and dull... and muddy. That was the idea but for my own listenin' I'd definitely buy it.
  • edited March 2008
    Or just send Telltale a nice check and a gift basket! That's kinda what I did... I downloaded the first 3 eps illegally, then decided it was awesome enough to pay for, so I bought the episodes legally twice, to make up for my transgression. No, Telltale, you can keep the extra money!

Heck I too like to try things before I buy em. But with Telltale, you absolutely can't go wrong!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.