Steam: Stuck at "connecting"

edited July 2013 in Game Support
The Walking Dead was on a pretty good discount on Amazon yesterday, and I couldn't pass up such a great offer. It was an Online Game Code, so I had to activate it on Steam first, which I did. I also bought the 400 Days DLC directly off Steam.

When I try to start the game, I get to the point where it says " Click to continue " , but after that, I just get " Connecting... " , it doesn't move on after that. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it?

PS: Could someone please tell me how to make both games appear in the " Your Games " tab of the forum?

Thanks in advance! :)

ETA: I just realized I created this thread in the wrong sub-forum by accident. Could a mod please move it to the PC support forum?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Just bought the game through Steam(PC) and when I launch the game it just sits at connecting....... on the first screen. I let it go for about 30 mins and it's still connecting. Any advice?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Does it work if you are disconnected from the internet?
  • edited July 2013
    I tried launching it while disconnected from the net, but it didn't help, it stopped at the same part again.

But after that, I extracted mhlcombe's files, and now it's running perfectly.

Thanks for the help. :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    But after that, I extracted mhlcombe's files, and now it's running perfectly.

Thanks for the help. :)

That's just coincidence. The files have no influence on the game.
    But glad it works now.
This discussion has been closed.