Can't Get Sam Running With Mouse Double-Click?

edited March 2008 in Game Support
I read or heard somewhere that one can double-click to a new point to get Sam & Max to run to that point. This would be a big help if it only worked well. It seems on my system that I can't click fast enough. I can get them to run maybe only 25% of the time and end up wasting so much time trying to get them running that it hasn't been worth trying often.

At the end of Chariots of the Dogs there is good reason to use this "feature". I was able to finish the game but I think it is high time now to figure out what is going on with this feature and/or my system please? Oh, and I've noticed this problem in the whole series--sorry I didn't work this out (hopefully) sooner.

What do you need to know? I have a E6300 Core 2 Duo running at 1.87 GHz, 2 GB RAM, an 8800GTX and use 1920 x 1080 res with XP SP2. I'm not sure I have ever gotten Sam to run over to and through a door by double-clicking on the door into a location but that would be nice to speed things up when appropriate (possible suggestion)? Just in case someone wonders, my normal double-clicking in all other applications works fine.

Thank you.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, I don't suppose you have a very stiff mouse button? Aside from that, this is new to me. You could try updating your DirectX, as that does affect mouse clicks. I'll talk to our programmer about it when he gets a free moment.
  • edited March 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't suppose you have a very stiff mouse button? Aside from that, this is new to me. You could try updating your DirectX, as that does affect mouse clicks. I'll talk to our programmer about it when he gets a free moment.
    Okay, the mouse double-clicking function works fine in all other games and applications and DX 9.0c is up to date. I noticed this problem periodically all through Season One too last year. I suspect it is a strange problem somehow with my system or there would be others mentioning it. Thanks for the fast response.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Well running wasn't enabled at all in Season 1. It is only in Season 2 that it works.

Also, the DirectX version number is essentially useless. Once a month Microsoft updates DirectX, but we have been on version 9.0c for 4 years. Also, DirectX is probably one of the most modified programs on your computer; just about every game you install touches it in some way or another. So it is easy for little things to become corrupt or whatever.

I'm not saying it is definitely the problem by any means, but you would be amazed at how often updating an up to date DirectX will solve things.
  • edited March 2008
    i have to hold down the second click to keep running don't know why but i just do ( i use a razer death adder and as it has its own firmware that may affect it

pretty nice set up btw
This discussion has been closed.