Another Save Game Problem

edited July 2013 in Game Support
I recently bought 400 days trough steam for PC. When I went to play it, there were no old save files there. Done everything I found in forums and nothing helped.

Support data attached.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    13/07/2013 21:47 6.671 prefs.prop
    It looks like your prefs.prop got corrupted. It's usually much bigger with so many saves.

You can try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the prefs.prop in the savegame folder ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead )
  • edited July 2013
    Did that. The game crashed a few times. After I finally got to make it work, there were still no saved games.

The prefs.prop previous version did not show a lot of options, the most far away was from a few days ago (a have not played WD in months, and just downloaded 400 days yesterday)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    It is possible that the crashes repeatedly break the prefs.prop.
    If you restore the previous version again, without starting the game, what size is it?
  • edited July 2013
    I managed to restore it to an early point (around the time when I first finished season 1), still no save games.

It says

Size: 100bytes

Size on disk: 4kb
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    That doesn't look good. Do you have any other version, that's much bigger (like 10kb or more)?
  • edited July 2013
    The only other one i found (on public documents) is 7kb
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I see. Sadly that means I have no way of recovering your savegames.
  • edited July 2013
    Well, what's done is done, I guess. Maybe I'll ask for a refund, maybe I'll suck it up.

But why does this happen to so many people?

There are plans of releasing a patch to solve this problem or this just gonna keep happening?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Those are both good questions that i don't know the answer to, and TTG would have to answer.
  • edited July 2013
    Hehe, ok.

Thanks for the help anyway! Sorry if it looked like I was complaining of you, it's more like I was complaining TO you just to vent a little. I know that can be a pain.

Once again, thank you for the help.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    You're welcome. I suggest you make a backup copy of the savegame folder every now and then in the future. That's what I do, but luckily I didn't have any savegame issues myself so far.
This discussion has been closed.